PDA

View Full Version : Arrow Express Sulky - anyone use?

Cut This!
01-08-2004, 02:34 PM
Has anyone tried the Arrow Express 2-wheel sulky from J-Thomas? It's only $189.

Looking at the catalog, it attaches to the mower and all the pivots are very close to the mower. Does this cause any problems?

AndrewE
01-08-2004, 03:21 PM
Good question I was thinking about getting that one for a belt drive. But on a hydro I dont think it would work to well.

Cut This!
01-12-2004, 08:59 AM
No one has tried these?

John Gamba
01-12-2004, 10:01 AM
I dont think you will stay behined the controls like one that pivots by the wheels?
John

FrankenScagMachines
01-12-2004, 11:33 AM
Like John Said, the pivot point is in the wrong location and this would be a major pain to operate. Spend alittle more and get one that pivots by the wheels. Look on Ebay, a fellow on there sells a good looking sulky like you want/need well built good prices. Search "sulky" or "mower sulky"

noiseyvoyzey
03-08-2004, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by FrankenScagMachines
Like John Said, the pivot point is in the wrong location and this would be a major pain to operate. Spend alittle more and get one that pivots by the wheels. Look on Ebay, a fellow on there sells a good looking sulky like you want/need well built good prices. Search "sulky" or "mower sulky"

Have you used this sulky on ebay? I have seen them on there for a while, the price is nice but how is the quality?

Phishook
03-09-2004, 12:57 AM
I got it for 150 on sale last year. You do swing out from the controlls, but it beats walking. I put it on a belt drive Encore as a back up.

precisionlawninc
03-09-2004, 01:54 AM
I just installed the Bull Rider that Trimmer Trap manufactures on my ExMark Turf Tracer HP. I got the chance to demo one at the Louisville, KY Expo last fall. In the "fixed mode" one can back up easily if he has a hydro mower. It also has a "trailing mode" that is geared a little more toward a belt driven walk behind. Won't get a real feel for its performance until April. Costs around $350.

brucec32
03-09-2004, 02:50 AM
I'm always amazed at how many folks are coming out with sulky designs, hoping to capture some of the Velke, proslide, bullrider, etc market. I would think you'd have to sell a lot of these things to reach a breakeven point. And few if any of them seem to have anything to offer that the above don't have except low price. And that low price makes it even harder to make money selling them, especially at low sales volumes.

And many are probably even inferior in design.