PDA

View Full Version : problems with account

Cutters Lawn Care
01-08-2004, 05:15 PM
I currently have 9 Arby's. They will not sign a contract. Their district office will not let them sign any vendor contracts at all. The problem is that they keep asking me to do things that's not included in their monthly maintenance for not additional charge. I tell them that this isn't included and it will be x amount of dollars for me to do it and they get pissed. Example one store has 2 dead florida maple that they want me to cut down. I say no problem it will be x. One store wants me to make 2 new flower beds for annuals and not pay a dime more. What would you guys do to handle this. Don't really want to lose them it's about 28,000 per year.

hole in one lco
01-08-2004, 06:05 PM
So if you order the 5 for 5 there going to give you 30 roast beefs i don't think so. All that work sounds to be at lest 8000. so you only make 20,000. for the year. There not giving stuff away so why should you

SamIV
01-08-2004, 06:12 PM
Be as polite as you can and explain what your bid entails. You can only do the work that you bid on at no extra expense. Explain that these accounts are very important to you but you are trying to run a profitable business just as they are and these add-ons would be expenses to your company.

If one of their best customers, who eats there 5 days a week , 2 meals a day comes in with his 5 buddies for lunch that day, and he asks them to feed his buddies for free because he is such a loyal customer. What do you thing they will say.

Sam

Cutters Lawn Care
01-08-2004, 06:19 PM
I totally agree with you guys. The problem with them is that they have always had the scrubs doing their landscape. They went with whoever was cheapest no matter what. Then they contacted me and I gave them a price and they accepted. I have had to go and fix alot of other things the previous lco had done. I originally started out with 3 and have gone to 9 over the last year. I guess since it's winter and their sales are down they are just looking to save as much money as possible. A manager told me today that they let their window cleaner go until March then he can come back because sales will be higher then. How crazy is this.

CNYScapes
01-08-2004, 07:17 PM
Personally I wont do any, and I mean any work without a written contract. Only do what you are getting paid to do, if they cant understand that then that is their problem. They cant force you to do anything without a written contract. I would just ride it out doing what they are willing to pay for and thats it. My 2cents

dvmcmrhp52
01-08-2004, 07:36 PM
Sounds to me like they are crying the blues.Left the window washer go?Maybe it's just me but I don't see too many window washers in the winter time any way,but you might be different down there.
It's a pretty simple deal in my mind,no pay no work.
Simple little things to keep the account,ya why not? But building new beds? removing trees?I don't think so.

lawnman_scott
01-08-2004, 07:55 PM
I would do it. 2 dead trees, and a couple of beds to do would take about a day to do. It sucks, but sounds like you have to take it to keep the account.

paponte
01-08-2004, 08:02 PM
No tickey, no shirtey. I will not perform any work without a signed contract. Paper holds up in court alot more than words will. :cool: