PDA

View Full Version : Got me a new mower

Del9175
01-08-2004, 07:26 PM
Several months ago, I decided that it was time for a new mower. I had my heart set on a new Lazer HP. Unfortunately I realized that it was just not practical with the accounts that I service. It could have been used on any of the accounts I have, I just felt it was a little to big for many of them. I then figured I would by a Turf Tracer HP but knew that I wouldn't be as pleased with it. Not that it isn't a great machine, just that I really wanted a ZTR. Well today I purchased a Wright Stander 52/23 Kaw. I have only put about three hours on it, but I was very impressed during that time. Such a compact machine.

65hoss
01-08-2004, 07:44 PM
New mowers are real fun to get. Nice and shinny. Almost makes you upset to use them and get them dirty and scratched up. I love the HP's, but you did the right thing. Got the mower you thought best fit your personnal needs. Can't beat that with a stick. I've tried all the standers, and I've said all along, if I ever bought one it would be the Wright. Much better feel on it than the GD/JD models. You made a good choice.

paponte
01-08-2004, 09:00 PM
Nice machines. I have friends that use them. I personally am not too fond of the crontrols though. Tough machines I will say. :cool:

lilred731
01-09-2004, 06:36 AM
I hope that you enjoy your new mower. I have not used a stander nor rider but look forward to that day when I can.

LawnScapers of Dayton
01-10-2004, 05:32 AM
My new 61", 23hp Kaw Stander is resting quietly in the garage...also....I only got 1 hour on it before the weather turned.......Looking forward to the extra productivity....

Oh yeah I have not had to pay for it yet......I will do that before March 1....

Derek

energy
01-11-2004, 12:18 AM
Del, wright on, wright mower. I have 2 36" Standers, love them both. Did you test the Sentar? I would have considered that over the Stander if you gone that wide. Too bad they dont have 36" Sentars.

Del9175
01-11-2004, 03:15 AM
I was pretty close to getting a Sentar. I was just a little worried about the problems they had the first year or so. I could not or did not want to have to worry about any possible breakdowns due to improper design. I also figured that since my accounts were so small, I didn't really need to sit. If all goes well with the Stander, I do believe I will look into a Sentar as my next purchase, until then I "Stand" by my decesion. ;)

TJLC
01-11-2004, 09:55 AM
I have been an Exmark fan from day 1 but, my next purchase I definitely want to look around at all the different options that I'm seeing, Hustler, Wright, in particular. Nothing at all against Exmark, it's just nice to have choices. Good luck with you new toy, I mean your new machine. LOL

sbvfd592
01-11-2004, 10:02 AM
awww you let me down exmark is the way to go

proenterprises
01-11-2004, 12:59 PM
gotta love those new machines...congrats.