PDA

View Full Version : ZERO percent financing!!!

Grass Master
01-08-2004, 10:52 PM
Just found out from my local dealer that Great Dane has no interest financing available for 24 months on all of their new Chariot and Chariot LX riders!

What an awesome deal.

This will save me an approx. $500 to $600 over the life of the loan!!

Check it out...the new Dane riders are awesome!!:

:blob4::blob4: :blob4: :blob4: :blob4: :blob4: :blob4: :blob4: :

troblandscape
01-08-2004, 11:02 PM
Just make sure you pay it off in 24 months, or you will be stuck with a 25% interest rate

BigEd
01-08-2004, 11:41 PM
grassmaster,

Do you currently own a Great Dane?If yes, do you find it hard to get parts? I have a dealer real close to me that sells them and has sold alot of them.Alot of the ones I have seen the paint looks like it just flakes off very easy,is this so? I have heard from others around that own them that it takes a while to get parts as simple as belts,is this so? I demoed the SS and it was rough on my back but Iam a real big guy.My helper likes it alot and I may get one.I just dont know yet, also Wright standers are made here in MD and I heard if I go to the factory I can get a good deal.I like the floating deck on the stander though.Bottom line,has anybody had problems getting parts?

promower
01-09-2004, 01:39 AM
I own all GD and have had great success. As far as parts I havent had any problems getting belts and minor stuff, dealer always had them on hand. More complicated parts I cant comment on I havent had to replace anything major yet, if/when I do I hope finding parts wont be a problem.

nor'easter1
01-09-2004, 07:32 AM
I have the new dane chariot and it is awsome. Parts are not a problem if you know who to call. If a dealer can't get them call General Power Equipemnt Company the distributor at 1-800-508-3246. They cover just about Florida to Maine. They will direct you to a quality dealer or take care of it themselves. Hope this helps

nor'easter1
01-09-2004, 07:34 AM
Grass Master what dealer do you use to get your Danes at.

Grass Master
01-11-2004, 04:36 PM
Big Ed...

Parts have not been a problem for me as I have 2 very good dealers in my area.
I am very happy with the Super Surfers and I am now trying to of the Chariot LX riders with Kohler EFI engines.

Hope this helps....

1stclasslawns
01-11-2004, 07:14 PM
Danes are great! no pun intended, If I wern't happy with them I wouldn't have bought another one.

The LX is about the best as I can see, no gear boxes, no 90 deg bends on the belts.

Yes I like hustler but I like the stick steering better, And do you need to go 15 mph?

I would buy another one and probly will

Jim

proenterprises
01-11-2004, 08:05 PM
dane is awesome:blob2: :blob2: :blob2:

go with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grass Master
01-12-2004, 06:52 PM
Nor-easter....

I'm in Ohio and deal with a Great dealer with awesome service!

Grounds Control
01-12-2004, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by BigEd
grassmaster,

Do you currently own a Great Dane?If yes, do you find it hard to get parts? I have a dealer real close to me that sells them and has sold alot of them.Alot of the ones I have seen the paint looks like it just flakes off very easy,is this so? I have heard from others around that own them that it takes a while to get parts as simple as belts,is this so? I demoed the SS and it was rough on my back but Iam a real big guy.My helper likes it alot and I may get one.I just dont know yet, also Wright standers are made here in MD and I heard if I go to the factory I can get a good deal.I like the floating deck on the stander though.Bottom line,has anybody had problems getting parts?

big ed,
i just bought a wright stander through the factory deal. it was 18% off list price untill 1/10/2004. it's at 14% off list right now until 2/14/2004.

also, the stander has a rigid deck not floating.

in my area there are alot of dealers (10+ in this area)for the stander so parts wont be a problem.

johnbast3
01-12-2004, 10:15 PM
MY 2 cents worth.I have 2 dane surfers,2 scag advatage wb's..Both great,scag having much better spindles..Both are killer made,thick steal,etc..Parts aren't a problem on either-J.Thomas is who I use..JB

Lowes_Landscaping
01-12-2004, 10:48 PM
Check with your Kubota dealers. They have awesome financing through the first quarter on all their lineups. I believe you can get less than 4% interest over 5 years, with down to .99% for less years. But heck, for a $10,000 mower that helps. May be another route for all the diesel fans.

Grass Master
01-14-2004, 07:52 PM
Kubota??

Avery
01-14-2004, 08:39 PM
We always wait for specials like this to buy equipment. Why tie up our working capital when they are offering free money? Toro has a no interest/no payment deal right now that is good till July. We are getting ready to order a 355 out front Z using that plan.

Grass Master
01-16-2004, 09:30 AM
Anyone else out there have the new Great Dane riders?

Just curious........

brucec32
01-16-2004, 12:35 PM
Take what you can get, but you do realize that they're just adding the cost of providing sub-market financing to the price they'll take for the mowers? TANSTAAFL

Grass Master
02-14-2004, 05:25 PM
Decided to go with the rebate money instead of the zero percent financing.

John Deere credit offers a program where the first year payment is only 1 percent of the loan plus I got the rebate!!

GreenMonster
02-14-2004, 05:35 PM
Met & Demo'd with local Dixie dealer today.

He said they have 24 months no payment/no interest coming next week.....

Grass Master
02-14-2004, 06:47 PM
Dixie???

Stick with a quality name brand!!

GreenMonster
02-14-2004, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Grass Master
Dixie???

Stick with a quality name brand!!

:confused: First I've heard that Dixie is not a "quality name brand"

I have zero ZTR experience, so I'm not going to trash anyone. that being said, my research on this site and others did not produce a tremendous amount of feedback on Dane or Deere, and I love green.

Can you convince me that Deere is making a ZTR comparable with Exmark, Grasshopper, Dixie, and the others that I "thought" were top of the line?

Grass Master
02-14-2004, 07:23 PM
Mark,

The Dane's are being built in a "state of the art" Deere facility in NC and the end product is awesome!! Dane has a better cutting deck than Deere and some other nice features as well.

If you have a local dealer you should try the new line of Chariots and Chariot LX's. Pricing is very competitive as well.....$6,899 for a 61" 25 HP Chariot with Kohler or Kawasaki engine!!

GreenMonster
02-14-2004, 07:27 PM
I would say that is a pretty competetive price for 25/61

Do you still think Dixie Chopper is not worthy of consideration???

Where abouts in "Northeast" are you?

Grass Master
02-14-2004, 10:20 PM
Green,

I am not a fan of the Dixie units. Quality of cut issues and a average quality track record as well.

BTW...I am located in Ohio

Grass Master
02-15-2004, 03:04 PM
Just noticed on the Great Dane web-site that they extended the zero percent financing to ALL Great Dane models!!

Awesome news!!

Grass Master
02-16-2004, 05:16 PM
Does anyone know if you can get the rebate and the special financing??

drains
02-16-2004, 07:43 PM
How much is the rebate? Thanks

Grass Master
02-16-2004, 08:43 PM
Drains,

The factory rebates are:

$500 on the Chariot riders

$600 on the Super Surfers

Awesome!!

Grass Master
02-17-2004, 10:03 PM
If you had a choice..would you go with the rebate or the special financing??

BULLGRAZER
02-17-2004, 10:17 PM
Grass Master,

I'm looking at the February Turf Mag and their ad shows the 0% for 24 months AND/OR $400 rebate on the Chariot Mid-Z or $500 rebate on the Chariot LX Miid-Z - both have two year warranty and are ANSI certified.

www.greatdanemowers.com

Hope this helps!

-=KC=-

Grass Master
02-18-2004, 10:10 PM
Thanks for the opinions!!

LawnPerfect
02-18-2004, 11:22 PM
Nothing runs like a Deere
That is all

brucec32
02-19-2004, 02:44 AM
the GD website seems to imply the rebates are for the ztrs, not the surfers, but they do say to check with your dealer too.

As for the Dixies, I wonder if they're so popular here in Florida because there aren't many hills and the grass is very forgiving of cut quality issues.

Grass Master
02-19-2004, 09:11 AM
Bruce,

There are definitely rebates on the Super Surfers as well...

I spoke to a factory rep at the Ohio Power Show

Gabriel Turf
02-19-2004, 09:43 AM
I don't own a Dixie, but did I just hear someone say "Dixie" and "quality of cut issues" in the same sentence?????????

Start a thread titled that and see what happens.

Has anyone ever heard of ERIC ELM??????

Go look at his site www.elmlawnsite.com and explain quality of cut issues with Dixie's.

Blast a Dixie for the issues mentioned here in the forums but "Quality of cut"? c'mon.

Dixie's have what I call a cult following in the industry. Hmmm. Harley Davidson'ish. You are gonna bring heat talking bad, and uniformed, about Choppers.

Go READ a little and you will see that Dixie's are known for having the BEST quality of cut and there are tons of debate on the subject between the Exmark and Dixie owners on this site.....

GreenMonster
02-19-2004, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Gabriel Turf
I don't own a Dixie, but did I just hear someone say "Dixie" and "quality of cut issues" in the same sentence?????????

Start a thread titled that and see what happens.

Has anyone ever heard of ERIC ELM??????

Go look at his site www.elmlawnsite.com and explain quality of cut issues with Dixie's.

Blast a Dixie for the issues mentioned here in the forums but "Quality of cut"? c'mon.

Dixie's have what I call a cult following in the industry. Hmmm. Harley Davidson'ish. You are gonna bring heat talking bad, and uniformed, about Choppers.

Go READ a little and you will see that Dixie's are known for having the BEST quality of cut and there are tons of debate on the subject between the Exmark and Dixie owners on this site.....

Wow! I can't believe it took 5 days for someone to finally respond like this. I've been monitoring this thread waiting for this reply.

I didn't understand the comment as well. I've done a TON of research over the past few months, and the one comment about poor quality of cut is contrary to EVERYTHING else I have read about Dixie.

Yeah, there has been some darts thrown at Dixie, but for quality of cut? I've only seen one -- in this thread.

LawnPerfect
02-19-2004, 10:24 AM
I demoed a dixie before buying a new ztr a couple of weeks ago. I thought the quality of cut and build was both top notch. Dealer support is why I decided to go elsewhere.

GreenMonster
02-19-2004, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by lawndoctorllc
I demoed a dixie before buying a new ztr a couple of weeks ago. I thought the quality of cut and build was both top notch. Dealer support is why I decided to go elsewhere.

Where did you go?

LawnPerfect
02-19-2004, 10:34 AM
John Deere. I have a great dealer that will go the distance to keep me happy. If the dixie dealer tried a little harder Im sure I would have a chopper on my trailer. In fact when I asked the dealer why he only had two dixie's and 10-12 gravelys in stock he said that so far the areas lco's havent taken to the dixies. He has only had the line for about three years and is discouraged. Of course it takes time to build a public trust with a "new" product, and I cant blame him for wanting to make money.

GreenMonster
02-19-2004, 11:28 AM
John Deere. I have a great dealer that will go the distance to keep me happy. If the dixie dealer tried a little harder Im sure I would have a chopper on my trailer. In fact when I asked the dealer why he only had two dixie's and 10-12 gravelys in stock he said that so far the areas lco's havent taken to the dixies. He has only had the line for about three years and is discouraged. Of course it takes time to build a public trust with a "new" product, and I cant blame him for wanting to make money.

I had just about eliminated JD, and then I called him back this morning. I have a good relationship with him, but I'm a little concerned with the J.D. ZTR presence, reputation, etc.

What did you go with. Mind sharing how much?

Gabriel Turf
02-19-2004, 01:45 PM
Test drive an Exmark before laying out the cash for something else. Too many people here give them their full support for it not to be a great mower. If you can afford a DC, I would think an Exmark wouldn't be too far out in price.

Grass Master
02-19-2004, 02:42 PM
Or....

try the new ZTR's from Great Dane.

Excellent products and excellent pricing plus a full 2 year commercial warranty!!

LawnPerfect
02-19-2004, 07:37 PM
J.D. 737 54/23 Kaw w/ mulch kit and air filtering system upgrade 6,900.00

You have no worries going with John Deere. I have no regrets and would buy a second. As a very wise Olderthandirt man once told me (who isnt exactly a john deere fan btw) "you cant go wrong buying John Deere, the company has been in business forever and there has to be a reason for it"

The truth is that ANY top name commercial mower is a good buy. Its all about dealer support.

GreenMonster
02-20-2004, 08:04 AM
J.D. 737 54/23 Kaw w/ mulch kit and air filtering system upgrade 6,900.00

You have no worries going with John Deere. I have no regrets and would buy a second. As a very wise Olderthandirt man once told me (who isnt exactly a john deere fan btw) "you cant go wrong buying John Deere, the company has been in business forever and there has to be a reason for it"

The truth is that ANY top name commercial mower is a good buy. Its all about dealer support.

Prices must be higher here in the Northeast. I can't seem to get the prices on ANY brand that people are listing on this site. I've been pounding all of my dealers for their best price and still missing a lot of the quoted prices here by as much as $500. Maybe my negotiation skills aren't up to par....

LawnPerfect
02-20-2004, 10:06 AM
Just keep working them. Go around to other dealers and get a quote. Then go back to your dealer and give him a chance to work it. Walk in the door and tell him that you want to buy from him but you need the product for the best price. Just like you, he has to make money. The 737 alone has an MSRP of $8,495. Some dealers try to get retail and some know that its a losing battle when attempting that with an lco. Just show your dealer that you WANT to buy from him and see what happens.

GreenMonster
02-20-2004, 10:28 AM
yeah, I'm working em.

hope to look at a 737 this weekend. He's talking $7400 right now -- I see it as a 7k machine (in line with what you spent).

I hope to look at the exmarks as well. Kinda leaning that way. I'll be sure to let each know that I'm looking at the others.

LawnPerfect
02-20-2004, 10:49 AM
Exmark is a great machine as well.

Keep in mind that anything and everything is up for negotiation when buying a product such as this. If the J.D. dealer wont come off of the $400.00 then see if he will give you an extra year of warranty (bumper to bumper per say) If he will then I would jump on it.

LawnPerfect
02-20-2004, 11:00 AM
Or even 400 bucks worth of pm services. He will save money buy not actually losing $400. Plus it would be less hassle and headache for you.

GreenMonster
02-20-2004, 11:15 AM
Good suggestions.

On a similar note, Dixie guy called me, and offered $250 in parts or service, and I hadn't really even negotiated with him. Not only that, his machine is least expensive right now.

Grass Master
02-21-2004, 10:45 AM
If you have a chance, try the new Great Dane ZTR's..

awesome units at awesome prices after the factory rebate.

My dealer has a 61" 25 HP Kawasaki Dane rider for $6,800!!

Nice machines!!

GreenMonster
02-21-2004, 02:00 PM
If you have a chance, try the new Great Dane ZTR's..

awesome units at awesome prices after the factory rebate.

My dealer has a 61" 25 HP Kawasaki Dane rider for $6,800!!

Nice machines!!

I don't mean to be rude, but we get the picture. You like Great Dane.

Thanks for your input. So noted.

Grass Master
02-21-2004, 06:13 PM
Green Monster....

So noted...

Grass Master
02-22-2004, 01:46 PM
Does anyone know if Deere is offering the same financing?

GreenMonster
02-22-2004, 05:37 PM
Does anyone know if Deere is offering the same financing?

I was hoping so, but my dealer said NO last week.

sproutlscape
02-22-2004, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Avery
We always wait for specials like this to buy equipment. Why tie up our working capital when they are offering free money? Toro has a no interest/no payment deal right now that is good till July. We are getting ready to order a 355 out front Z using that plan.

Scag has these deals as well. No interest till Sept., No payments till Oct.

grassperson
02-23-2004, 03:41 PM
Make sure there is no penalty for paying off teh loan early.

LawnPerfect
02-25-2004, 11:19 AM
JD Has 6 months no payments or intrest.

MacLawnCo
02-25-2004, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by TomDixie
Dixie had no payment til July + No interest tilJune

I believe they also have 2 yrs at 0% on all XTs and 72" SPs...saw that somewhere, not sure where though.

Grass Master
02-27-2004, 08:16 PM
FYI...

Deere is offering the same financing.

GreenMonster
02-27-2004, 08:38 PM
FYI...

Deere is offering the same financing.

OK Grassmaster, now you're talking.

Same financing as what? Great Dane? 2 yrs 0%?

adamawheeler
02-27-2004, 08:45 PM
The GD walk behinds SUCK.... don't know about the riders.... I about 3 of them and none of worked out well for me

Grass Master
02-27-2004, 11:05 PM
Adam,

Which walk behinds did you have...??