PDA

View Full Version : Scag vs. Dane

Flalawn
01-09-2004, 03:27 PM
I need some advice... I have a landscaping business here is S. Florida. I have always been a dedicated Scag owner, but recently I came across some good deals on some 48-52' "Danes", and "Standers". Should I stick with the Scags, or save some money and go yellow.

Any suggestions?

Grounds Control
01-09-2004, 03:36 PM
i just bought a 52" stander throught the factory's on line deal. i hope i'm happy with this mower.

DennisF
01-09-2004, 03:52 PM
I've used Scag for a long time and they're very tough machines as you probably already know. I recently bought a Hustler and I would rate it as good or better than a Scag. The Hustler Z 52 that I bought was almost $800 less than the comparable Scag at the time. I would take a look at Hustler before making a decision.

rob1325
01-09-2004, 06:55 PM
I'd go with Scag IMO they are best machines around. They are built like tanks and have components and features others don't have. But, DEMO and research for yourself and lastly, find a GOOD dealer.

lawnchopper
01-09-2004, 07:10 PM
i believe that the guy who designed Scagg also designed Dane aswell his name is Dane Scagg go fig

turfmower
01-09-2004, 07:32 PM
I never would buy a scag again they don't stand behind their equipment. I have a Turfrunner sits in my shop dead with under 1000 hours machine spent more time broken than on job. It was so bad i had scag and the distributer on speed dial. Last time I call scag they told me to go F my self.

I have toro Z now like it very much. Most people in my area run exmarks or toros

Del9175
01-09-2004, 08:15 PM
I just bought a 52" Wright Stander and I love it. Very compact and fast. Well, faster then the two Scag walk behinds I had. After putting about 5 hrs on, I just don't know how I ran a business without it. ;)

Lux Lawn
01-13-2004, 04:57 PM
I bought my first Great Dane Super Surfer in July 2002, it cut about 1-2 hours daily off my route will be buying another one this year.

lawnchopper
01-14-2004, 11:21 AM
I would look into a Great Dane super surfer I believe thats the best mower for speed, manuveralability, getting on/off quickly,
and for saving space in the trailer cause of the lenght their also built like tanks.
However, when it come to putting/using collection systems on them they suck!!
Like lux lawn said.....they will cut you time in half