PDA

View Full Version : sulkys in Florida

brucec32
01-10-2004, 10:52 AM
I'm curious what type of sulky guys in Florida are using, especially on St. Augustine. I'm a long time one-wheel velke user but I like the proslide and am considering one.

Turf Technologies
01-10-2004, 11:07 AM
I dont thin it really matters. Ive used a one wheel sulky. and now the War Charriot that Lesco sells.

goodbeus
01-11-2004, 09:23 AM
I use the 2-wheel Jungle Jim...I have used a single wheeled sulky in the past, but it's a lot of weight on 1 wheel, was leaving ruts...:nono:

ProMo
01-11-2004, 09:31 AM
I use a slide it doesnt leave ruts even in standing water

TJLC
01-11-2004, 09:45 AM
I have used a bullrider, worked fine. I have used an Exmark steerable sulky, it also worked fine. I have just purchased a Proslide but really have not had a chance to really test it out yet, so I really can't comment on it. Good luck.

proenterprises
01-11-2004, 01:35 PM
i think that the sulkies that you use dont depend on the grass but more ont he weight of the opperator. if you are a heavy person, (200lbs or more) than you prob dont want to use a single wheel velke.

the doubel wheel will help to spead out the pressure and reduce the ruts.

MTR
01-11-2004, 01:55 PM
Jungle Jim's Jungle wheels here...the best for my belt 36" eXmark.
If you have Hydro, Bullrider is another option cause caster mode would help on side of houses, as backing out easily. I prefer trailing type, 2-wheeled of course, it performs excellent on hill and slopes.
Never take one wheel, it ruts like crazy and don't want to leave those on million dollar houses lawns... very bad looking.

Lil' Cabrito
01-13-2004, 10:55 PM
I'm just not impressed with the jungle wheels. The main reason is that I can't fold up for transport or walkbehind on small yards. You have to disconnect and re-connect constantly. Too much time wasted for me. :rolleyes:

Del9175
01-13-2004, 11:32 PM
I have a jungle wheel sulky on one of my mowers. You should be able to chain it up for transport, at least I do on mine. I don't ever chain it up when mowing though, that wouldn't work to well. Of course I'm riding it no matter how small the yard.

I also have a two wheeled velke, and I prefer the jungle wheels when comparing the two. It has taller tires. The velke's wheels don't even get platform out of the grass. Generally thats not a big deal but I have a few accounts with some irrigation heads sticking up a little to far and I worry about breaking them.

energy
01-14-2004, 02:29 AM
i use a Stander, screw those sulkys.

brucec32
01-14-2004, 08:26 AM
Excellent idea Promo using the proslide to avoid ruts when it's wet. The single wheel velke was unusable in wet weather back in Atlanta, which was the main time I needed to use a walk behind in the first place instead of a ZTR. Thanks to all for the input.