PDA

View Full Version : Persistence Pay$$$$$

PLI1
01-10-2004, 04:13 PM
Well as usual, the season has ended and there were a few slow payers. I finally got paid for all except from 1 customer. He owed me $480.00 for 2 months mowing. From the beginning of the season he was a borderline P.I.T.A. A lot of nitpicking, but not bad enough for me to dump him. I asked my self several times during the season, "should I dump him or put up with the crap for the rest of the season". Well I hung on. The end of the season came and went and when his bill came due, no payment arrived! I waited a week, then I tried calling. No answer. I called at home, work and his cell phone every day for 2 weeks. Now I'm pissed off! He's obviously avoiding me. I called each of his #'s one more time and said this is my final call, if I don't hear from you by tomorrow at 3:00 p.m. I will be taking legal action, which will consist of you going to court and having a lein placed against your home. Again no call. I sent him a demand for payment letter which I got from Legaldocs.com which gave him a month to pay or legal action will be taken. Well anyway a few days before the deadline the check arrived! I thought I was going to have to drag this one to the end. It's a great feeling to be paid in full at the end of the season. I decided earlier in the year, that I'm going to fight hard for the money I have earned. In the past I have let some non-payers go and considered it a cost of doing business. I hate customers that feel they can have services done for them and not pay for it. There was something inside of me that told me this guy was trouble and I didn't listen to my instincts. It takes too much time to chase around deadbeats like this. From now on if anyone seems like trouble, I'm dumping them like a hot potato. Work is fairly easy to pick up around here, so there is no sense taking a beating when you can move on, hopefully to someone better!

proenterprises
01-10-2004, 06:43 PM
nice job on sticking it out and getting what you earned-but i would make sure hes off the list for next year:D