PDA

View Full Version : How does the Accelerator affect floating decks?

The Lawn Boy Pro
01-11-2004, 07:36 AM
Im interested in an accelerator, but Im a little iffy on wether one side of the deck will have too much weight and the deck would mow unbalanced, or what. Someones gotta know!:)

General Grounds
01-11-2004, 09:07 AM
:blob3: have 4 of them over here, 1 is the super large on and goes on the floating deck of my bobcat ztr with NO problems what so ever. best catcher iver purchased. go for it. tony

ElephantNest
01-11-2004, 09:54 AM
What about an ODC? Can a discharge chute be used while bagging, or does it have to be removed? I'm thinking you could just open the chute like you were dispersing clipppings, but not sure, as I don't know if they use the same mounting holes or not.

Thanks,
Nest

Fareway Lawncare
01-11-2004, 11:53 AM
The XL will cause problems fillled w/wet grass on a smaller floating deck. Generally we use the standard size for grass & XL for leaves.

You should be able to modify your OCDC to fit or at least have a 1 pin release w/the Accelerator attached as it takes no additional hardware to mount on most units.

proenterprises
01-11-2004, 11:57 AM
It is all going to depend on the weight of the material inside the unit. If you are bagging wet and heavy grass, it is probably going to have a off balance effect. if only dry leaves and grass than i dont see a promblem.

just empty more often if the material is heavy or you notice an uneven cut.