PDA

View Full Version : any idea's on shop lift's for movers?

burnandreturn
01-11-2004, 12:44 PM
Just wondering what everyone is using for lifting their mowers?

Because of the soil we have here in North Texas I have to clean out the decks very often. I normally use a power washer, unless out on the road.

I have checked out commercial lifts but not practical and alot of $$$$.

I use a forklift now but was interested in any alternatives.

Lbilawncare
01-11-2004, 01:53 PM
I would think a forklift is the best way to go. We use ours occasionally, but usually use an engine hoist with air powered lifting ram.

John Gamba
01-11-2004, 01:57 PM
Jungle Jack junglejims.com I think?

paponte
01-11-2004, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by John Gamba
Jungle Jack junglejims.com I think?

You got it. No reason to lift the whole machine, just need to access the underside of hte deck. :cool:

brucec32
03-09-2004, 10:27 PM
Just got an engine hoist. Works great. Just run a cable through the deck, hook it to the hoist, and up the deck goes. I saw more of the underside of my lazer's deck than I'd ever seen before. Pep boys has em I think for about $120. I got one online that holds 2 tons, so it shouldn't be a safety problem. I imagine that with a load leveler (cheap) you could lift the whole dang mower. It also comes in handy for lifting the rear end if you're doing oil changes or repairs there.

Phishook
03-10-2004, 12:20 AM
What kind of "movers" will you be lifting?

I'm using a chain hoist now. It's the best so far. I've used floor lifts, engine hoists, and air lifts, and a chain hoist is the way to go.

BobR
03-10-2004, 07:34 AM
Chain falls is what I use but a come-along would work just as well it would only be a bit slower in operation. Don't forget to use safety jacks under the machine whatever lifting device you use.

BobR

Davis Lawn Mowing, LLC.
03-10-2004, 10:06 AM
Say guys, what is the name of that site above and address? www.junglejims.com?

soccerlawn
03-10-2004, 11:23 AM
I have a Toro, so I use the Z-stand on it. I just take it to the end of the driveway, prop up the mower on the Z-stand and powerwash. Its very easy and fast.