PDA

View Full Version : Selling Lawn Maint. In Winter

PROCUT1
01-11-2004, 02:52 PM
Who is actively selling lawn maintenance work during the winter time for next year?

This probably applies more to the northern areas of the country.

How are you doing it?

How are the results?

JimLewis
01-11-2004, 05:16 PM
I haven't been marketing for lawn care for over 7 months now. Yet we still landed 2 new lawn care accounts in the last month. People just come to us a lot of timese these days.

Expert Lawns
01-11-2004, 07:08 PM
i'm currently working on some advertising. I will start putting them out in Feb. I like to spend the off season working on my new contracts, advertising, and other ways to improve upon my business.

TotalCareSolutions
01-11-2004, 07:42 PM
We are doing the same...

Kelly's Landscaping
01-11-2004, 09:02 PM
Donít plan on doing my ad blitz till February I have no time atm. I have a state pesticide test on the 14th and then I still gota hook up with the accountant to see who owes what. I just missed jury duty this past week as well.

proenterprises
01-11-2004, 10:22 PM
working on advertising and how to improve for the upcoming season.

Expert Lawns
01-11-2004, 10:25 PM
classes start tomorrow, so i'm done laying around drinking beer and reading maxim. time to be productive again. fudge.

bayfish
01-11-2004, 11:59 PM
Have'nt been pursuing any residential, but making some cold calls on some commercial prospects with nothing locked up yet.

mtdman
01-12-2004, 06:39 AM
Do you guys really get responses from residential properties in Feb/March? Most of my calls for estimates come in late April/early May. Seldom do I get calls even before late March.

Just askin'.

:D

JimLewis
01-12-2004, 01:09 PM
I don't know if I'd call them "responses" or not. I am not actively trying to land new lawn care accounts right now. Like you, I don't even begin trying until about April or so. And that's when most of the calls start coming in.

That being said, we usually do pick up several new accounts during the winter. People just hear of us from the previous owner or from a neighbor or from the web or something and give us a call wanting to start up service. Why they don't wait until Spring, I don't know. But we do have the added advantage here in Portland of being able to work year-round. It almost never snows or freezes here and we can work on maintaining something on their landscape every month.