PDA

View Full Version : best set up for cleanups

lawnchopper
01-11-2004, 02:17 PM
looking for idea's to make the spring and fall cleanups go more effeciantly. Currently we are using a Toro Z 350 and backing onto a 24' trailer and dumping it along with a 61" Dane surfer with a Trac Vac system.
I was wondering if building a box on our 1 ton chev dump and put a Billy Goat vac or something dump the clippings in a pile then suck them up or stick with regular baggers and get off the mower repeatedly to dump into a trailer??
We are willing to upgrade our equipment but what is the best equip for both mowing and collecting. I would love to stick with Danes cause there fast however the after market Trac Vacs make them a pain the ass. ZTs generally have regular baggers.
suggestions on trailers, mowers, vaccum systems?? or techniques:confused:

PROCUT1
01-11-2004, 02:41 PM
Get a truck vacuum...You wont regret it

brentsawyer
01-11-2004, 02:48 PM
Second that, $2,300 and your there. Dump all leaves next to the truck and suck them up and away they go.

paponte
01-11-2004, 02:49 PM
A truck vac, and a dump truck. Dump everything at the curb, and then suck it up. I prefer to run 2 trucks for cleanups. One is always a little ahead of the leaf truck. :cool:

chris08087
01-11-2004, 06:26 PM
I use a trailer mounted truck vac and it works great.

To get all of the leaves to the vacume, I would suggest 3-5 redmax eb7001 backpack blowers and one or two billy goat blowers (the big ones on wheels). This works well for me, faster than picking the leaves up with a mower and driving over to the vac to dump, then go back for more......

Plus it cleans the leaves better, even if they're wet or they have been there for a while, the blowers dont care. Mowers on the other hand might not pick up wet, heavy leaves.

LB Landscaping
01-11-2004, 07:08 PM
Definatly get a truck vac (dumptruck too if you don't have one). I hated fall clean-ups until I got mine The money you will spend is nothing compared to the time and back aches you will save!!!! I'm actually going to upgrade mine this year, well worth the investment.

proenterprises
01-11-2004, 09:20 PM
deff. get a lead vac/truck loader. their really insint much sense in doing cleanups without them unless you are leaving the leaves on site.

truck mounted is best..trailer mounted is ok.

good luck!

o-so-n-so
01-12-2004, 07:12 AM
I'm thinking of adding a gooseneck dump with a 7'x16' bed. Have extension made for the stake pockets and a receiver welded to the rear or a place on the g-neck platform to put a vac. Then I could remove the sides and haul bulk brush or just about anything. Add another tow vehicle to pull this unit and when not in use i can utilize the vehicle for another service.

In the plans for 2004

tjcezar
01-12-2004, 08:25 AM
where can you buy a loader and how much are they?

LB Landscaping
01-12-2004, 08:32 AM
Your local equipment dealer should have them. They range from $1500 to around $3000 for a truck mounted one. Most will tell you to get a 16 HP has plenty of power especially if you just have a dump body truck. I am going to upgrade to a 16HP from an 11HP, I am deciding between a Billy Goat and Little Wonder's new loader. Here are a couple of manufactures that make them;
Billy Goat, Giant Vac, Lesco, Little Wonder. All a good machines and are pretty similar.

macaw
01-12-2004, 11:16 AM
I use a cyclone Rake Most of my jobs are in town that has leaf
pickup so I just dump them at the curb And some want them on the garden and my country jobs I just dump in the woods.