PDA

View Full Version : need more work

draftlawncare
01-11-2004, 07:28 PM
i have been in the lawncare care bussiness for 2 years the first year just about broke me the second was not to bad picked up a few nice contracts the problem i am having is getting more work the yellow page ads dont seem to work that well or the pennysaver ads just to many other companys are advertising in them i would really like to pick up more residental jobs i only have 12 accounts the first year a had 5 any help would be great

workaholic
01-11-2004, 09:08 PM
It takes time. I think word of mouth is the best advertisement take it slow do above and beyond quality work and you shall suceed. Get educated learn how to sell yourself and your products..

proenterprises
01-11-2004, 09:11 PM
keep up the hope=work will come-do your bets and customers will follow.

also-could you please put some periods in your posts..its just one big run on sent. ;)

the scaper
01-11-2004, 09:20 PM
thus far in my small residential business i've just stuck fliers on mailboxs. i use bright green in the spring and bright orange paper in the fall. fliers have been good to me but this year i'm gonna try some bulk mailings. bulk mailings cost more but you make it back in one job. then you dont have to personally visit all those mailboxs. BTW, with fliers i picked up 19 regulars my first year, lots of one timers and over and above work too. good luck!

Kelly's Landscaping
01-11-2004, 09:34 PM
Ouch that is a bit slow ummm I would suggest you look into another form of advertising. I happen to like direct marketing but many like flyers and door hangers as well. Do a search on this site and read up on all 3 and see if that doesnít help you put together a new plan for this spring. Last year was my first year I started with 0 accounts in May by the end of the year I was at 65 and had done work for more then 100 customers. In the month of august I signed up 16 lawn accounts blew my mine. I did direct mail and newspaper ads. But you cant live off 12 accounts so you diffidently need to get yourself some more work.