PDA

View Full Version : Some of my stuff!

FrankenScagMachines
01-11-2004, 10:54 PM
My truck.

1990 Ford F250 3/4 ton, 2wd, 351 Windsor V8 EFI, 5 speed stick shift (granny and overdrive), 4.10 rear gears, long bed w/bedliner, regular cab (duh) vinyl interior, plain jane truck only option i think is split rear window (which i don't see how you could do without). Has 550 RAM air! (open 5 windows and go 50 mph- if you turn the triangle vent windows around they put in a nice blast of air). Just don't have any loose papers haha.
Things i've added-
CD player/stereo, speakers
CB radio
2 utility lights on bottom of rear bumper, wired into reverse lights for extra visibility backing up at night (works great) people no longer stand behind you when backing out of spot at wal mart at night LOL. also helps backing up trailer in dark.
2" receiver hitch
toolbox (cheap plastic one but hey it was free)
chrome wheels & new all terrain mud and snow tires (yes the front tires are smaller than the backs, it looks more like a 4x4 that way)
Dual exhaust (no catalytic converter, put on dual cherry bomb glasspacks and went out on each side with chrome 3" tips in front of tires) sounds really sweet, can make it talk to ya with the stick shift :D
oh and the light covers.

I think thats all i've put on it :jester: :p
I got it summer '03 and it had been painted a year before.

Who wants to guess the mileage on it? Interior is as good as exterior, bed is not beat up or rusted under the liner (liner was put in at time of painting, truck not used since)

FrankenScagMachines
01-11-2004, 11:14 PM
Hopefully you can see the "Infantry" sticker in the window by the mirror- it's in honor of my older brother who's in the National Guard and leaving for Bosnia in 2 weeks to spend a year there :(

proenterprises
01-11-2004, 11:23 PM
nice truck eric!!!!!!!!

but uh....buddy? what happened to putting this under my pics thread?;)

FrankenScagMachines
01-11-2004, 11:26 PM
Thank you!

Nuh-uh, this thread is all about me ;) :) :D
i'll post one for you in yours.

vipermanz
01-12-2004, 03:30 AM
Looks like ya parked on your hose there.......;):D

TreffertLawnWrx
01-12-2004, 10:58 AM
Truck looks good with the new wheels! I think if you paint the headlight covers it would look really clean ;)

FrankenScagMachines
01-12-2004, 11:01 AM
yeah, i hadn't washed the truck, someone else had been using the hose i think. truck was actually dirty in that pic (still is, hasn't been washed since that pic) I hate wintertime road grime! been too cold to wash it :cry:

Rex
01-12-2004, 02:18 PM
I am new to the business of lawns....I am interested in the securing of equipment in your vehicle and what you use for a ramp ? thanks and greetings from New Zealand

Expert Lawns
01-12-2004, 03:51 PM
i love this picture forum. nice truck eric

FrankenScagMachines
01-12-2004, 04:04 PM
Thanks Scott (TLC9) what color are you thinking on the light covers? They’re hard enough to see with at night (that’s why they come off at night!) can’t imagine what they would be like with paint on them ;) Hmm… maybe paint a flame design on them? That’d be cool but I imagine I’d definitely get pulled over for that (not pulled over yet but am told I could be). LOL

Rex, I haul my equipment on a 6’ x 12’ trailer that I tow behind the truck. Trailer has a ramp that lowers on a hinge and you drive the mower up into it.

Thanks Expert.

I neeeeeeddd mud flaps! Hmm next on the list maybe! :D

TreffertLawnWrx
01-12-2004, 06:12 PM
I had a pair on my old 1/2 ton. Go to a parts store and pick up some primer and the correct color match of white. I think it will look really nice and professional vs black ;)

FrankenScagMachines
01-12-2004, 07:10 PM
Are you serious? i'd have cops all over me i'd think!

Expert Lawns
01-12-2004, 07:37 PM
Mud flaps? nah, let the roosts fly man

proenterprises
01-12-2004, 10:01 PM
mud flaps are for the yuppy folks...eric when you fit the gas and burn out....you want all that crap flying up in the air so the cute blonde chick at the dairy queen says "damn...their goes cutting edge eric....isint he fine.....

FrankenScagMachines
01-12-2004, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by proenterprises
mud flaps are for the yuppy folks...eric when you fit the gas and burn out....you want all that crap flying up in the air so the cute blonde chick at the dairy queen says "damn...their goes cutting edge eric....isint he fine.....
ROFLMAO
It's a 2wd truck for street use only, not a 4wd "buggy" truck. Lotsa muddy teens' 4wd's around here, ladies appreciate a clean shiny truck sometimes LOL. If they don't, I do! Not good on your paint to let it have mud on it all the time. I get compliments on it often enough, why would I want it covered in mud? Plus that it's not professional and also - main reason I don't want road salt thrown up on body panels to make it rust. I'm already seeing a little bit of this and I dont like it.

proenterprises
01-12-2004, 11:15 PM
lol eric i kno....i would have a clean truck any day of the week instead of a mud buggy.

it looks clean-up here in ct the ghettofied ladies get a real gunit rush from a clean truck with a wild cherry air freshner on the inside with the music bumpin...so i guess thats my scene.

lets keep it clean brother....and see who picks up more chicks. :D :cool:

FrankenScagMachines
01-12-2004, 11:55 PM
LOL yup. Next I want subs and amp :D

Expert Lawns
01-13-2004, 01:51 PM
proenterprises - my thoughts exactly