PDA

View Full Version : Metro hp vs. TTHP

Schlepie
01-12-2004, 12:11 AM
I just dont think I'll be able to budget the 6,ooo on a lazer but do need to upgrade my mower. Is there such a major difference in using a floating deck over a fixed? Metro HP has a floating but not hydro, TTHP has floating, hydro and elect start, Viking has hydro but fixed deck, ahhhh what to do? Input would help. Already have a metro 36, with a 2 man crew.
Thanks
Schlep

JohnsonLawn
01-12-2004, 08:22 PM
Buddy of mine has both 36"Metro HP and a 48" TTHP. They both cut awesome . He started with the metro and upgraded to the TTHP. He really likes the hydro because it is so much more productive. If you can swing it get the 48"TTHP and use the 36" that you have for smaller areas (gated back yards, etc.).

germann
01-12-2004, 09:32 PM
We have 2 hydro suspended deck Exmarks. We have had fixed decks in the past, as well as belt drives. I consider both a major improvment. If at all possible get a turf tracer (hydro w/suspended deck). If short on funds, a used machine might be a good alternate. We found a 36 inch turf tracer hp with only 100 hours for 3500. Some guys who had mowed on the side were quitting. I would sacrifice the hydro before the suspended deck.