PDA

View Full Version : check this out: E-bay Toro 355

Jason Rose
01-12-2004, 01:33 PM
Toro Z Master 48" MULCHING 355. It is like the walker models without the catcher on the back. I believe Toro sells a 61" side discharge deck for this unit as well, and for the price you could buy the extra deck and still be some $3,000 less than the price of a new one from a dealer w/o the extra deck. :rolleyes:

It is E-bay item 2372121426.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2372121426&category=50376

Ok, i don't know how to post a link... Anyways, I was actually in contact with the seller and was going to buy but I won my auction on the exmark i was bidding on. The seller is actually in Italy though i'm not sure if the machine is too. It may be here in the states, I don't know. The price is unbelievable! It is a private auction but all you have to do is E-mail him and he will get back to you about it. I hope someone on here is looking for one of these!

Post back here if you have ever seen one like this or not.

David Shaw
01-12-2004, 02:32 PM
Damn! I just bought a used Walker, I love it, but I paid more than that!

Turf Medic
01-12-2004, 02:33 PM
Is this guy for real? Current bid is only $1

The Captain
01-12-2004, 03:34 PM
I contacted this guy. He said he is in Italy right now and requires the funds to be sent overseas and the "bike" as he calls it, will be sent by FedEx, assembled and tested . I don't know if it is a cool deal or not. No taxes and he pays s/h ? I don't know?????
You kow what they say about ifs something sounds too good......

studentlawn
01-12-2004, 06:10 PM
ITS A SCAM... there have been serveral of these on ebay latley, if you know anything about internet fraud their scam is as clear as day. I was searching through ebay months ago, and ran into this problem when looking for a 4 wheeler. Its a group(s) or possibly even one guy who has built up feedback or been able to fake feedback on hundreds of ebay names. Hes been selling power equipment for radically cheap prices with shipping included. Hes come up with an array of pictures and products to sell. He tries to make the deals off ebay when people ask him why his stuff is so low, then he will try to have the customer send cash over seas. Theres nothing "illegal" about this becuase emails are not contracts! Without buying via the auction, there is no contract

Signs of Ebay Fraud
1) if the seller wants to make the sale off ebay
2) if seller has an excuse why he can't talk to you on the phone
3) if seller requires western union wire
4) if seller offers to ship a 1,000 lb item over seas for free!... this would cost around a $1,000 alone!

Metro Lawn
01-12-2004, 06:26 PM
I fell upon one of this guys deals a month of so ago. Great price on an almost new machine. I emailed him and he was willing to do anything to make the sale. What through me off is when he offered to send it via FedEx. I worked for FedEx. The cost of shipping a 1000 lb commercial mower by air would be staggering. I also noticed that the seller name used was from england, and generally sold CDs and other music. Why now is he selling big dollar equipment in Italy? I think it was a case of identity theft. I blew it off... Oh, almost forgot.. he offered me a real sweet deal if I would wire the money within 24 hours.. That has scam written all over it.

Jason Rose
01-12-2004, 06:48 PM
Thanks to everyone who has posted! Yeah, i got real leary of this guy quick. No contract, wanted the money sent western union and wanted it to be sent as for a "family member" as he would have to pay taxes on it if it was for an auction sale(he said). I did look up the price to ship it via fedex, yep, well over $1,000.00
I even sent him an email in which i stated that i didn't think he was legit, he shot me back his impecable sellers rating from e-bay of which 28 of 30items were buys, not sales. I am really new to e-bay but when something looks fishy on there, it probably is. Thanks to all that noticed the problems and I certianly hope none of you send him any money!

Jason Rose
01-12-2004, 06:52 PM
Oh, oops. the $1,000 shipping from fed-ex was actually an inquiry I had made for shipping my exmark mower from pennsalvania to kansas. I think I am going to have to pick it up myself... The cost to ship overseas I imigine would be more than the machine cost!

Duncan Lawn Care
01-12-2004, 07:32 PM
Someone must have bought it, it's not on ebay anymore.

Ryan Lightning
01-12-2004, 07:48 PM
Another way they will do it, Is steal a ebay ID with good feedback, and put a reserve on the item that no will make. When the auction is over they know one are more bidders will email wanting the item, They will then tell them they are on vaction over seas, and if they want the item to send a down payment to make sure they will get the item. I heard they usally do it with custom motorcycles. and The bidders ID will usally be private, So anyone who knows what going on can not email the bidders.

Metro Lawn
01-12-2004, 07:53 PM
Jason, that price seems high. I just had a Z shipped thru FedEx Freight from Florida to Michigan back in Oct. Cost was under 300.00

David Shaw
01-13-2004, 02:00 AM
I about bought a Walker off ebay. The guy said he ships by Forward Air and it's usually around $300. Might want to check them out.