PDA

View Full Version : After market air filters for kohler, similar to donaldson

Jason Rose
01-12-2004, 02:11 PM
Has anyone ever converted the air filter on their mower to a pre cleaner/canister type? Dixons are poor when it comes to air filtering. the filter is on the back of the engine where it sucks in all the dust coming out of the grass catcher bags. I found a website last winter that was selling replacement air cleaner covers that had the air intake on top that looked like the air intake on a donaldson filter (like on walker). I can't seem to find them now but i did run across this: http://www.jackssmallengines.com/kohler_airclch1825.cfm

They have some different applications, you could either just replace the air filter cover and have a snorkel that goes to the front of the machine where there is less dust/dirt to suck up, or, with the same cover you can also get the cartrige type pre-cleaner. around $242.00 for the set up. Now I do know that to convert a kohler from a standard filter to a Donaldson brand filter system you have to replace the jets in the carb. I don't see any mention of this for these.

All I know is, I am sick of cleaning my air filter every few days to a couple weeks, and when it gets neglected I know it's hard on the engine. If anyone uses these or is looking too, lemme know!

Jason Rose
01-13-2004, 01:59 PM
bump. Nobody cares about their air filtration on their machines? I know most good brands now have the donaldson filters from the factory but for those that do not how bout some opinions. THANKS.

edward hedrick
01-13-2004, 09:30 PM
I have a Enginaire precleaner on my 22 Koh on Scag Sthm. cost

about 130 from Enginaire. direct. They supply new intake. works

great. You can see a photo in Turf North April 03. With new intake

and larger muffler seems to have more power. Ed

MikeLT1Z28
01-13-2004, 09:46 PM
i'm not sure what all you'd need or if this is even it, but check this link.

http://www.tulsaenginewarehouse.com/catalog/kohler/accessories/airintake/heavyduty/

Jason Rose
01-13-2004, 11:58 PM
Enginaire was it! that was what I was looking for but couldn't think of the name for the life of me. Thanks Ed!