PDA

View Full Version : accelerator or mesh bagger?

snowmizer
01-13-2004, 03:37 PM
just picked up a 03" Exmark tt 48" wb and was wondering which bagger to go with mesh unit or the accelerator? any feed back on the accelerator would be great.just wondering if its worth the extra money and would you buy again....thanks

John Gamba
01-13-2004, 04:04 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by snowmizer
any feed back on the accelerator would be great.just wondering if its worth the extra money and would you buy again....thanks

YES!!! Bags Great, Empties Easy, Easy on and off no Bracket.

John

greensideup
01-13-2004, 07:30 PM
We run the accelerators on our lazers. They work great and are very easy to handle. I have one large bagger & one small bagger. I prefer the larger one, but the small one comes in handy sometimes. SCOTT

Barkleymut
01-13-2004, 08:03 PM
Do a couple of searches for Accelerator and you will find everyone loves them. Including me.

Blades of Steel
01-14-2004, 06:56 AM
Gamba,

I run one on a 36" Great Dane. Works great for me, light weight but bulky to store on the trailer. I would definately purchase the covers if it gets dry or for fall work. The ammount of dust you eat from it could kill a man. But overall, the pros out weigh the cons.

Tim

John Gamba
01-14-2004, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by Blades of Steel
Gamba,

I run one on a 36" Great Dane. Works great for me, light weight but bulky to store on the trailer. I would definately purchase the covers if it gets dry or for fall work. The ammount of dust you eat from it could kill a man. But overall, the pros out weigh the cons.

Tim

Hay tim
Any bagger will throw out dust. I think peter is the only one to address the matter. They are great baggers! Oh i forgot to say you can EXPAND the bagger for fall cleanups!!!!!
John

Blades of Steel
01-14-2004, 07:21 AM
yeah, I gave some thought to that til i bought my Billy Goat debris loader this season. Now I just blow most of it to the curb, suckit up and drive off. Man that thing has helped tramendously.

Oh by the way, I am giving some thought to a a small exmark this season. Gotta get it by the wife though, I just bought a 2003 f-250 diesel to pull my stuff this season. Trying to keep the profits high and the payouts low for a while.

Check out the new setup......

Ground Effects NH
01-14-2004, 07:27 AM
When I was in the market for a bagger went to my dealer (eXmark) talked to them about the mesh bag, and when he said we have all the replacement parts. " Red Flag " replacement parts it's a bagger!!!!

Now I have 2 Grass gobblers 4.1 cf (I think) Heavy, but Very good bag's .....for 48" Ferris

I also have the Accelerator Jumbo ( Excellent bag ) I needed will buy another!.....for TThp 52"

John Gamba
01-14-2004, 07:30 AM
yeah, I gave some thought to that til i bought my Billy Goat debris loader this season. Now I just blow most of it to the curb, suckit up and drive off. Man that thing has helped tramendously.

Oh by the way, I am giving some thought to a a small exmark this season. Gotta get it by the wife though, I just bought a 2003 f-250 diesel to pull my stuff this season. Trying to keep the profits high and the payouts low for a while.

Check out the new setup......

THATS SWEET!!!
Love the brown turf LOL Does it stripe well?
John

Blades of Steel
01-14-2004, 07:50 AM
I imagine it would its Zoysia. I haven't got into the stripping thing yet. Most of my properties are too small to do it. The lawns here in the Memphis area are small for the most part. Unless you have a few in the larger more expensive neighborhoods. Most of my properties are in the mid town area and they are extremely old and remodeled with small yards. But most of those I have up 8 on one street. Hard to give that up at 40 bucks a pop for about 3 hrs work. Not too mention the fall cleanups are to die for. Tons of 60 year old oak trees for miles. Lots of profit in that.

The commercial properties I have are chains of restuarants and daycare centers. The daycares don't really care too much about it but they are coming around. So small mowers have been sufficient so far.

Tim

Tim

walker-talker
01-14-2004, 08:54 AM
Zoysia and other warm season grasses are difficult to stripe because it's usually cut shorter and stiff, doesn't lay over compared to fescue or particularly bluegrass.

John Gamba
01-14-2004, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by walker-talker
Zoysia and other warm season grasses are difficult to stripe because it's usually cut shorter and stiff, doesn't lay over compared to fescue or particularly bluegrass.

With a Striping Roller It Will Stripe But its not as LOUD as the cool season stuff.
John

Blades of Steel
01-14-2004, 10:34 AM
I have 1 zoysia lawn that i cut with my Dane that turns out real nice. It almost has the apearance of being striped when I am done. I'll try to find the picture tonight and post it.

Tim

John Gamba
01-14-2004, 10:46 AM
I have 1 zoysia lawn that i cut with my Dane that turns out real nice. It almost has the apearance of being striped when I am done. I'll try to find the picture tonight and post it.

Tim

Great:D