PDA

View Full Version : What to do

aperfectlawn
01-13-2004, 10:40 PM
Last November I put up christmas lights for a nursing home. I got paid no problem. For the past 2 weeks she keeps avoiding my calls about takeing them down. Should I leave them up or take them down? If I take them down do I send her a bill or forget about it? What ever I do, I don't want her to give me a bad name considering I am just getting started in the lawn business.

olderthandirt
01-13-2004, 10:43 PM
Quit with the phone and go talk to her in person then you will get your awnser

Mac

aperfectlawn
01-13-2004, 10:45 PM
Her work schedule isn't normal plus I work from 8-5.
But I do know where she lives. I could go to her house or would that be too rude?

bayfish
01-13-2004, 10:47 PM
Take them down and send a bill. Makes no sense to leave them up. It shows you follow through and is easier for you to defend yourself if you have to, rather than have her complain about them to other people when they're still up in June.

the scaper
01-13-2004, 10:47 PM
what was the original agreement about taking the lights down?

AMAC
01-13-2004, 10:48 PM
I have had this happen also, I won't take them down with out getting paid. I have started billing them up front for both installation and take down, that way you don't have to keep calling them or waiting for them to call you.

aperfectlawn
01-13-2004, 10:51 PM
The agreement was $200 to put them up then it would be $100 for removal. And I would get paid for the removal later.

the scaper
01-13-2004, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by aperfectlawn
Last November I put up christmas lights for a nursing home. I got paid no problem. For the past 2 weeks she keeps avoiding my calls about takeing them down. Should I leave them up or take them down? If I take them down do I send her a bill or forget about it? What ever I do, I don't want her to give me a bad name considering I am just getting started in the lawn business. how could she give you a bad name? if she paid you for putting them up she was obviously content with your work, and you've made every effort to contact her about taking them down. i would say if anyones name should be in question it would be hers for not returning your call.

aperfectlawn
01-13-2004, 11:06 PM
I agree with you. I think she would tell others I wouldn't take them down.

the scaper
01-13-2004, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by aperfectlawn
The agreement was $200 to put them up then it would be $100 for removal. And I would get paid for the removal later. then i would go ahead and take them down and send her a bill with a notation stating that you tried to contact her but figured she must have been out of town since you didnt hear back from her. so you proceeded with removal as per origional conversation/agreement. please let me know if we can be of service to you next season. .... then cross your fingers and hope you get paid :D

aperfectlawn
01-13-2004, 11:25 PM
Should I send her a bill to her house or leave it at the retirement home?

bayfish
01-13-2004, 11:30 PM
Send it to the retirement home to her attention. I doubt she would be paying it herself and they use it on their taxes.

the scaper
01-13-2004, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by bayfish
Send it to the retirement home to her attention. I doubt she would be paying it herself and they use it on their taxes. ditto!