PDA

View Full Version : any use the lazer tape measure

ronslawncare
01-14-2004, 01:10 PM
i bought the lazer tape mesure at home depot its called the straight line ,its suppose measure sq ft,area,volume ,cubic ect.so far i dont like it at all compared to a measuring weel .i will check it out today .anyone have any experience with this thing.

Kelly & Sons
01-14-2004, 01:15 PM
I use the one with the levels, and the laser line... mainly just for hanging pictures and such... works great. I have never dealt with the on that you have....

NickN
01-14-2004, 02:27 PM
I've got one.I can't find a use for it in this business though,unless you're planning a flower bed next to a structure.You have to have something to shoot the laser off of and if I rememeber correctly,it only measures to 30 or 50 feet.
The ole measuring wheel wins hands down.However,it's nice to have for anything indoors around your house.It's pretty accurate,but in the long run,just another toy.

paponte
01-14-2004, 02:53 PM
I have tried an expensive one that a friend had. It kinda stinks in sunlight. :cool:

ronslawncare
01-14-2004, 05:31 PM
yea i think its a piece of crap i might just return this thing.also the measurements are not exact plus only measures up to 50 ft.

Phishook
01-15-2004, 01:48 AM
I got a Straight-Line laser tape and a laser level. I don't have a use for either.

How much do they run? Might put mine on ebay.

vipermanz
01-15-2004, 05:57 AM
actually most of them do not use the laser for measurement, it is for aim, mine uses sonar to pick up a distance of 45' but i have picked up 65' with it. it doesn't work to well on soft surfaces or with noise present.

pcnservices
01-15-2004, 09:29 AM
Do you want to use your laser tape to measure lawns? If so I dont think you'll have any luck. It only reads up to ± 50 feet.
Use a measuring wheel instead.
I use my laser tape for measuring indoors when doing estimates. A lot faster and convenient.
PC