PDA

View Full Version : Wright Stander Question

Ray & Karen
01-14-2004, 07:05 PM
This is for those of you who own and operate Wright Standers. First I would like to say that I like everything about the stander, but I mow several lawns that require cuts at different deck heights. There doesn't seem to be an quick & easy way to perform this on the job. Can some of you Stander operators please give me some ideas what you do. Leaving the deck set at one particular height is not an option for me. Thanks in advance.

Ray

LASTEC
01-14-2004, 07:40 PM
hey,
I don't own a stander, but i know how important it is to be able to change cutting heights quickly... Hope someone can help you with this issue.

TRex
01-14-2004, 07:59 PM
Get a Sentar instead of the Stander. The price is not to diferent and the Sentar has many more options that come with it.

LawnScapers of Dayton
01-14-2004, 09:00 PM
It sounds like a Stander may not be the mower for you if this is such an important issue......

I don't change settings so it is not an issue for me......

Derek

Good Luck.....

Tbarchaser
01-14-2004, 09:56 PM
I love my wright stander...but I hate changing the height.
You can adjust 3/4" or so from the front spacers any more than that and you have to adjust the entire caster arm. For the rear you have to take back wheels off and adjust the wheel motors.

I would not adjust the blades much, 4 spacers on the bottom causes some blowout and less than 2 leave stragglers.
3 is perfect.

Dont get me wrong the stander is great, its very nimble and built like a tank just dont plan on adjusting the cutting height in the field.

The Sentar on the other hand is so easy to adjust,
same controls and a VERY comfy seat. for not much more.
good luck!

energy
01-15-2004, 01:13 AM
If you are going with a deck size of more than 36" then i would consider a Sentar like TRex said or even a rider. These mowers are built like a tank, and have very few parts that needs lubrication and replacement. Height of cut, well that is the only downfall to this mower if you ask me. i noticed if you set the rear wheel setting in the middle and run the spacers in the front at the highest, the deck is not level with the front of the deck higher than the back(which you do not want). I would set the back wheels at the highest setting and adjust the front arm to the point where it reaches closest to the ground and have the option to adjust only higher in the front by the spacers. I think this is the only way you can achieve the widest height adjustment range possible. This is all unnecessary anyways. You shouldnt cut the grass so low to begin with, unless you are trying to scalp it. I cut both bahia and st augustine usually on the same height, with a few really thick st augustine. You should lower the blade as low as you can. It may make more blowout, but cuts cleaner and better for me.