PDA

View Full Version : Cabover Owners

ztrguy
01-14-2004, 11:50 PM
For all of you that have an Isuzu NPR or Chevrolet W3500 what kind of resale value do they have? Does Isuzu have the best resale value? I'm thinking of trading every 3 years depending on resale value. Any information is appreciated.
Thanks

MudslinginFX4
01-15-2004, 12:13 AM
I'm not trying to sound ignorant or anything but what are the advantages to having a new truck so often for your business? Those trucks that you are talking about have been known to take lots of abuse and I have several friends that use them that have well over 250k on them. For my personal vehicles I usually try to buy a new truck every two years but for my business I just don't understand. Maybe there is a big advantage that I am missing?

Avery
01-15-2004, 12:42 AM
Not sure about resell. We use a 4500 cab over. Pretty sure it will have decent re-sell value when we decide to trade it in.

ztrguy
01-15-2004, 11:14 AM
ECM Lawn,

I see where you are coming from too, but you might as well have a new vehicle every 3 years. That way you'll always be under warranty. No unexpected expense. Plus, it doesn't cost very much more to keep trading every 3 years. At the end of 10 or so years all you have is a truck that's outdated and that people will want to buy extremely cheap.