PDA

View Full Version : trimmer racks - where on trailer

AuburnGuy
01-15-2004, 09:21 AM
I'm getting some trimmer racks for the trailer, i was thinking they would go on the front passenger side of the trailer facing out. Just wanted some opinions about placement from you guys who have used them a lot.
thanks

DennisF
01-15-2004, 09:28 AM
Curb side of the trailer about mid-way of the length. The blower rack near the front also on the curb side. The left side of the trailer is used for hedge trimmers, chain saw, rakes, shovels and other tools that are not used as often.

macaw
01-15-2004, 09:30 AM
Curb side on front facing out for safty so you can get to them without getting run over

grass_cuttin_fool
01-15-2004, 09:31 AM
that is where mine is, i liked the idea of the front of the trailer so they can be accesed from either side of trailer but i didnt like having to step over the trailer tongue all day, just an easy way to trip and fall and get hurt and damage a trimmer

TreffertLawnWrx
01-15-2004, 09:41 AM
i have my trimmer racks on the passenger side with the blower rack up front.

walker-talker
01-15-2004, 10:04 AM
Front passenger is the most popular location, but I currently have mine mounted at the tongue because I built a side gate for trailer. Now I am building a storage rack built out of tubing and expanded metal, so now I will be moving trimmer racks to rear passenger side.

mowinmoney
01-15-2004, 11:05 AM
What about enclosed trailers, what works for you.

Equipguy
01-15-2004, 04:05 PM
One rack on each side over the wheels, front box holds blowers, hedge trimmers.

DLCS
01-15-2004, 04:40 PM
My Trimmer Traps are on the passeger side over the wheels on the trailer and my blower rack is on the front of the trailer passenger side. I have had them there for 2 years and never regreted mounting them that way.

Turfcutters Plus
01-15-2004, 04:51 PM
I took my trimmer rack off.Too many broken ones,lost trimmer heads,and a echo trimmer!Custom made tool box on pass. side fender now.No more climbing to box.I miss them being in truck bed.I'm making special locking device when away from truck a long time.Just mounted electric hoist to steel beam of garage.I can lift toro z to change blades right where it's parked in garage at night.Zip off with air impact wrench.SWEET!Always where safety glasses!

NCSULandscaper
01-15-2004, 10:29 PM
Front drivers side actually. Only because i do not have to park on any street. Blower rack is on front passenger side.