PDA

View Full Version : Bunton vs Walker

Blades of Steel
01-15-2004, 12:03 PM
Hey guys.

I have a bunch of small commercial properties and you know the trash situation. Cig butts, candy wrappers, cup lis etc. I spend a bunch of time each week picking up trash and such..

Here lies the question:

I know the Walkers are extremely high in cost. Does any of you operate the Bunton collection system? If so how is the reliabilty over 3 to 5 years?

Tim :confused:

FrankenScagMachines
01-15-2004, 12:24 PM
You mean the Bunton "walker look alike"?

Blades of Steel
01-15-2004, 12:36 PM
thats the one. I have heard they have a lot less repairs in their history.

Any valadity to this?

FrankenScagMachines
01-15-2004, 12:59 PM
I don't know anything about them, haven't even heard rumors :( Never seen one around here. sorry couldn't help.

Kelly & Sons
01-15-2004, 01:20 PM
I am driving to Arkansas tonight to pick up my walker from Tim... I will let you know how I like it.... after demo-ing one for a day, I was sold on them... I already have a grasshopper, and 3 lesco Mowers, none of them performed like that walker did!

Blades of Steel
01-15-2004, 05:48 PM
Kelly & Sons,

Congrats on the new mower. However, I am looking for people with experience with the Bunton to get an objective opinion. I have demoed a Walker myself and did like them. But the Bunton I think is a good machine also.

Anyone else out there using one?

Tim

Fvstringpicker
01-15-2004, 08:10 PM
A fellow in my neiborhood has a bunton and is crazy about it. He bought it after wearing out a used walker. He said the walker stayed in the shop all the time and he was forced to cut with a 21 inch. My godson has a walker and he seems to have more than his share of problems but he's preventive maintenance challenged. His buddy has two walkers and bought a bunton as a third mower. He doesn't like the bunton cut compared to the walker. I demoed a bunton and thought the cut was good. I have become to believe opinions on mowers are like opinions on women, beauty is in the eye of the beholder

bayfish
01-16-2004, 01:27 AM
I believe the Bunton would be the same as the Bobcat/Ransomes mower that is a walker type mower. A dealer here had a Bobcat last year that I looked at and demoed for a day. I was very impressed with it. I've never used a Walker so I can't compare the two, but for the time I used it, the quality of cut was excellent and there were no clogging issues. It is slow of course, but they are by design. The ride was rough on bumpy terrain probably due to the smaller wheels. It did'nt siut my application, so I moved on to the Hustler Z.