PDA

View Full Version : HOA Landscape Budget as % of Dues?

Clay
01-16-2004, 11:18 AM
For those of you who have experience with Homeowner Associations, what have you noticed to be the percent of the landscape budget compared to the residents monthly dues?

For example: If the monthly resident dues are $200.00 per door and the landscape budget is $100.00 per door, then it would be 50%....

Yes, I know there are many variables, but as I look back over the years the percentages are pretty consistant with the main variable being an above or below average sized landscape area. What have you noticed to be the average % of total dues???

Thanks, Clay

Team Gopher
01-16-2004, 12:00 PM
Hi Clay,

Here is a HOA budget (http://www.stoneridgeidaho.com/documents/July2003IncomeStatement.pdf)that you can review and obtain the landscape %.

Albemarle Lawn
01-16-2004, 12:29 PM
Wish I was posting an answer.

When bidding you can "snoop" on HOA's by finding a for-sale or for-rent unit and calling (caller ID blocked of course) as a potential occupant.

If you find that the cost of the services they want exceeds their monthly dues, don't spend the hours to bid. They are way off base in terms of reality versus their perceptions.

You can ususally spot the red flag if they want a lot of things...aeration, insect control, etc, yet seem excessively worried about the cost, and are calling citing complaints about a previous contractor.

Ken

Jroctx
01-16-2004, 01:17 PM
My HOA budget is apprx $150K a year, $115K of that is landscaping sevices. $90K mowing, the rest is color change, mulching and irrigation repairs. Takes a crew of 5 approx 5 hrs average to mow all the common areas. About 48 cuts a year, not a bad profit.

CSRA Landscaping
01-16-2004, 03:22 PM
The smaller ones will probably be around 25-45%.