PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a used Walker

Let it Grow
01-16-2004, 01:30 PM
Anyone want to sell me a used Walker mower? I'm looking for one with somewhere betweer 1,000 & 2,000 hrs that still has some good life left. If you have one or know of somewhere I can get a good one, please PM or e-mail me (portst@wwc.edu)

Anyone ready for spring yet?
I'm gettting real sick of vacationing!!!

LB Landscaping
01-16-2004, 01:41 PM
Check with your local dealer. One of my local dealers gets bank repos from time to time. He has had some real nice stuff. Also talk to mechanics at the shop, alot of them find used stuff they but cheap and toss some money into. Watch out though some throw a coat of paint on it and say it's just like new!!!!

Let it Grow
01-16-2004, 01:49 PM
I would love it if we had a local dealer in my town! We have two lawn mower shops, one is Toro, and the other has just started selling new Bobcat's. other than that the closest other town that is bigger is about an hour away.

I am a mechanic so that is why I'm not super worried about it having a lot of hours. I can fix most things, so I can afford to get one that isn't as nice as some, but that still has life left in it.

I will look into it and find out where the closest dealer is. Good idea!

Greens Keeper
01-16-2004, 06:15 PM
Try turfquip.com the Canton MO. dealer has some good stuff time to time

Avery
01-16-2004, 06:29 PM
Wish I was not so far from you.....

locutus
01-16-2004, 07:49 PM
At one point I was looking for a used Walker primarily for leaf work. Checked a lot of local equipment dealers, even a Walker dealer. Every one of them told me that they hardly ever came across a used walker that wasn't ragged out. I guess most people keep them until they are shot. Just my experience.

Let it Grow
01-17-2004, 11:42 AM
Well I did find a Walker dealership in my town...they just hardly ever have any Walker mowers...go figure. They are looking for one for me, but if any of you know of a good one please let me know.