PDA

View Full Version : Trimmer Head Name ????? Help

twins_lawn_care
01-16-2004, 04:37 PM
Hey everyone,
been looking at ways to improve my efficiency, and looking at my string trimmer. I did see something somewhere about a head replacement which you just slide in like 6" or 8" strips of line and wear them out, then pop in a new one.

Wondering if anyone uses these, or what the name is.

could use some help, and some input as to whether this is worth looking into?

Thanks as always,
Rob

DLCS
01-16-2004, 04:41 PM
I think the one your refering to is made by echo its called rapid load or something like that. I have never used that head made by Echo but I had one similiar on a old Homelight years ago. Kinda of a pita if you had lots of string trimming or you try to edge with one.

Del9175
01-16-2004, 05:09 PM
If you want to improve efficiency I don't think that is the route to go. I have never tried it, but I'm quite certain it won't make me any faster with weed wacking. Perhaps if you just buy another spool for your weed wacker, fill it with line, and carry it with you while your wacking.

Lazer_Z
01-16-2004, 05:55 PM
I used them but went back to the tap and go method can't edge with them or you wear the line down and if you get an excess build up of grass,dirt ect.. you have to use pliers to get the string out

For a while i was looking at the Tanaka "brain" heads but i'm a little weary about switching anybody use these heads??

twins_lawn_care
01-16-2004, 11:44 PM
Thanks for the help.
I thought it was the Kwik "something" but it sounds like it will be better to just get better with the spools.

Littleriver1
01-17-2004, 09:05 AM
T_L_C, This is what I do with my STIHL. I have extra spindles and wind some at the end of the day while downin brew on the back deck. drop them in the tool box for the next day. When string runs out, pop one out and another one in.

Bill

BB36
01-17-2004, 09:22 AM
Its called Kwik Loader.I've been using them for about 3 yrs now.My repair shop tried for about a year to convince me that they are good, but i wouldn't listen.When i finally gave them a shot they saved me time and money. Since i've been using them i'll never go back to the button.Their Phone # IS 1-888-CUT-KWIK,web site is www.kwikproducts.com
The trimmer head i use is part # KL650;its good for .095 to .155 dia. line

sgreanbean
01-17-2004, 10:35 AM
we used them once, found ourselves replacing the line all the time cause you cant feed out more, went back to the button