PDA

View Full Version : Wash bay ideas?

zedosix
01-16-2004, 07:53 PM
Anyone with some cool pictures of your wash areas, bays etc. Where do you clean your equipment? I have a great desire to build a large garage with a wash bay. Just looking for some ideas.

Zed

EMackIV
01-21-2004, 10:15 PM
I would like to see some ideas as well. Trying to come up with something cool looking

PR0 TURF
01-25-2004, 10:52 AM
We are in the process of building a new 40x60 shop. Should be ready to go in about 2-3 more months.

Our plans for a wash bay are only going to be:
Power America Hot Water Pressure Washer mounted inside the building with a reel on the outside of the building with 50-100 ft hose.
Also we got a stainless steel vacuum, car wash style, that we are going to mount on a concrete slab to vac the trucks out.

Its not the best set-up but will be better than what he had.

What is it that you guys have in mind for a wash bay????

:blob3:

grass_cuttin_fool
01-25-2004, 10:57 AM
ok dont hate me but i couldnt resist, my wash bay is cool it is 19 degrees , snowing and it consist of a water hose and the driveway. I think it is nice to have some where to wash of equipent and keep it nice hope to see some pics soon

zedosix
01-25-2004, 12:19 PM
I will be building a shop this spring and will be sectioning off an area to wash my machinery and cars etc. What I wanted to know was what size of an area are you guys using. I went to the local self car wash and took some measurements. They are 26' long x 14' wide. Definetely way too narrow for anything larger than a car.
What materials did you use for the walls, do you have any roof ventalation, how many drains etc. I'm thinking of running radiant floor heating since we are in a colder climate here. I've been trying to find a site where they sell some good pressure washers and car wash accessories, does anyone know of a good site for this?
Normally I just wash my stuff on the driveway, but ideally want to be able to wash year round. I'm just a clean freak I guess.

Thanks for any imput.

Zed

mrusk
01-25-2004, 12:41 PM
i got some ideas. When i build my shop i plan on building a wash bay. I don't know what demisions i want it but i plan on having it a seperate bay from the rest of the shop. Big door going in, and one going out. 2 floor drains. Have a big hot water power washer in there. Have heat. Have the cinderblock walls tiled.

When i build a shop i will defintly have a heated wash bay.

matt

MastercutzLawnCareII
01-25-2004, 01:26 PM
Hey if you are still wanting measurements for a wash bay we have one at my full time job, we built a new warehouse and have only been in it for about 6 months now, the bay is nice, warm, but it is really alot more hassle than its worth, we wash alot of equipment in the bay, and the grease is terrible, I mean it gets on the walls, floor, everywhere. The walls are white, and of course the grease shows up great, easy to clean, it just takes alot more time to clean when you are in a tight spot where all the dirt and grease can only fly so far. One thing for sure though, be sure you put at least a 6" - 8" drain in the floor,with the usual grate over the drain, Mud is bad enough but as far as grass unless you plan on scooping it up I think you will have trouble getting it down a drain anything smaller. So all in all it has it disadvantages as well as advantages, but just by guessing without a tape, I would say its 20' x 16', a 14'T x 12'W rool up door, a 3' side door on one end, then a set of double walk through doors on the other end leading back into our warehouse. If you decide to do this the best thing I have learned from the bay we have is be sure to HAVE both cold and hot water, if you have any more questions or decide you want pics then just let me know. Hope this helps.

PR0 TURF
01-25-2004, 02:56 PM
MasterCutz,

What is your wash bay used for at your full time job?

Landscape related or a totally different industry??

Greens Keeper
01-25-2004, 04:00 PM
Make sure that the pit is not too large. If you make it too big the water will not change over enough and it will tend to stink. I was in a guy's shop this happened to and he hated it. He put up a beautiful shop but it all the time stunk from his wash pit. Check your local codes also. With this size does matter.

mrusk
01-25-2004, 09:51 PM
Water turn over?? Holding tank? Were not building it like a real car wash. I don't know about the other guys, but i don't plan on reusing the water.

matt

zedosix
01-26-2004, 09:57 AM
Thanks Master I really appreciate your comments and ideas. I do not cut grass for a living, just at my property. What I want is a nice clean area for washing my cars and trucks. It shouldn't see too much grease flying around. Are the walls just a concrete block or is it tin?

Zed

MastercutzLawnCareII
01-27-2004, 01:38 AM
Ok guys, here are the pics of the washbay at my job, No it has notghing to do with lawncare or garss cutting, I work full time for a utility district, hope this gives you some ideas.....

Washbay (http://community.webshots.com/album/114126111HmoiKA)

MastercutzLawnCareII
01-27-2004, 01:49 AM
Another thing you may want to check out, if your just wanting something clean, and not having to worry about doing any winter washing, or I say a guy could probaly build one of these..... hope this helps

Brian

Pressure Island (http://www.pressureisland.com/products.asp?what=category&page=8)

zedosix
01-27-2004, 09:31 AM
Nice wash bay. This is probably bigger than what I would need, but some good ideas there. Thanks.

zedosix
01-27-2004, 09:48 AM
This is just a few of the vehicles that I would like to keep clean.
BTW is there really a place called Murfreesboro?:)

zedosix
01-27-2004, 09:51 AM
Missed that one

zedosix
01-27-2004, 09:53 AM
And this one especially

zedosix
01-27-2004, 09:55 AM
And one more that I like to keep clean. Its for sale if anyone is interested.

Mowmoney00
01-27-2004, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by zedosix
This is just a few of the vehicles that I would like to keep clean.
BTW is there really a place called Murfreesboro?:)

Yes there is... Kind of a weird name isn't it.

pjslawncare/landscap
01-28-2004, 03:42 PM
Nice vette zedosix, do you pull mowers around with that? What color do they call that and what engine/tranny does it have? Bet you get some looks

zedosix
01-28-2004, 06:44 PM
I'll keep the towing for the trucks thanks. Color is electron blue, its a ZO6, which has the high output 350 rated at 405 hp. Tranny is a 6 speed. My wife gets the looks not me, I'm ugly:D

SodKing
01-28-2004, 06:54 PM
I got my pressure washer from Carriage Trade.

Wall mounted, 150' of high pressure hose. Strong machine.

CTSC 750 (http://www.carriage-trade.com/pressurewasher.html)