PDA

View Full Version : When did you go full time?

JohnsonLawn
01-16-2004, 07:37 PM
I was just wondering how many of you guys started part time and grew your business into a full time thing or did you just jump in with both feet. I currently have a 40 hr week job that pays pretty well and do my business part time (3 days a week). I really enjoy working my business and putting my time into something that is to my long term benefit. The business I am working for full time is for sale and when it is sold I know there are know guarantees that I will still have a job. I don't know if I should stick it out or just quit and go full time with my business. Anyways just wondering at what point you decided you had enough work to go full time . Thanks

rkbrown
01-16-2004, 08:29 PM
When I got laid off from my previous fulltime job.

the scaper
01-16-2004, 11:28 PM
i stayed part time for 01 and 02 and built up customers and equipment. then i quite my reg job at the end of February 03 - no regretes, except that i didnt start years ago! i just made sure i went full time at the very beginning of the season so i could reap the full benefit of the whole season before the winter got here.

Randy Scott
01-16-2004, 11:36 PM
Jumped in full time from the start. I too had a good job, so what. You either really want it for your own, or you don't.

65hoss
01-16-2004, 11:39 PM
I have a degree in accounting and was a 401(k) consultant. I quit cold turkey and started with Zero customers. I did this for years before so I wasn't completely ignorant on the business. I never do things 1/2 way. I knew if I quit my job I would make it work.

lawnwizards
01-17-2004, 01:07 AM
i went full time and when the winter came i just got me a part time gig with a pizza place. started making plans for next year by negotiating flyers on the boxes. i hope to grow by 300% this year, and maybe i wont have to work in the winter. but, if i do who cares. i get all the pizza i could ever want... *l* good luck with whatever decision you make...

lawn wizards

TJLC
01-17-2004, 09:40 AM
I was working a dead-end low paying job. The lawncare opportunity presented itself and I went for it, big time. No regrets so far. Went from $6.00 per hr to about $25.00 per hr and the biggest plus, I am working for ME. A no brainer,IMO. Like it has been said before, "I wish I had done it sooner".

Rich's Lawn Care
01-17-2004, 10:36 AM
I jump in full time and never looked back.