PDA

View Full Version : Mower trimmer set up???

sildoc
01-17-2004, 02:09 AM
I have been looking on how I can attach my trimmer to my walk behind. Not to trim while I mow but to have it everywhere I take my mower. I think it would save a lot of time to unload my mower, mow and then instead of unloading my trimmer have it there ready to trim where I am at not having to go to my trailer to get.

Next question is does any one have a blower set up also?

If so could you attach pictures so I can get an Idea of what to do or is there some commercial application for this. Thanks.

Richard Martin
01-17-2004, 03:01 AM
http://www.junglejimsap.com/trimmermate.html

LawnScapers of Dayton
01-17-2004, 05:05 AM
WWW.trimmertrap.com

......checkout the MR-1

Derek

John Gamba
01-17-2004, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by sildoc
I have been looking on how I can attach my trimmer to my walk behind. Not to trim while I mow but to have it everywhere I take my mower. I think it would save a lot of time to unload my mower, mow and then instead of unloading my trimmer have it there ready to trim where I am at not having to go to my trailer to get.

Next question is does any one have a blower set up also?

If so could you attach pictures so I can get an Idea of what to do or is there some commercial application for this. Thanks.

HAY BUD!!
The only problems i have had with the trimmer on walks are when a employee would try and go under a low deck or bigger branches and bend the shaft:mad:
But as an idea it worked.
John

sildoc
01-17-2004, 11:42 AM
John, Thanks for future insight on the bending of the shaft. I am solo at this time and so far all of my properties are clear of low hanging branches and all decks are on the ground. It is something to think about though and I will have to do a more carefull inspection over them to make sure I am 100% sure it won't happen.
Thanks again.

John Gamba
01-17-2004, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by sildoc
John, Thanks for future insight on the bending of the shaft. I am solo at this time and so far all of my properties are clear of low hanging branches and all decks are on the ground. It is something to think about though and I will have to do a more carefull inspection over them to make sure I am 100% sure it won't happen.
Thanks again.

You can put them on riders too, But thats when the real damage happens;) We will talk about that later.
john

TRex
01-17-2004, 04:50 PM
What mower/s are you going to use it on.

Maybe take a couple peices of small (3/4") square tubing and find an existing hole near the rear of the mower and find/make a clamp for the front by the caster. Then use a couple spring loaded squeeze clamps and screw them in at the top of the tubing.

Kohls Landscaping Co
01-17-2004, 04:59 PM
It makes sense for larger properties, but I'd think it'd be more trouble than it's worth for smaller properties. Along with taking the risk of bending a shaft (mentioned earlier), I think your just waiting for a piece to break from the constant bumping around while on the mower, especially when the soil is rock hard. Just my 2 cents...

Pecker
03-19-2004, 04:03 PM
Hey guys, I know this thread is a few months old, but I didn't want to start a new one.

Anyhow, I'm looking at the Trimmertrap MR-1 to mount on my Toro WB. The problem is that I don't care to drill holes in my mower. Do you know of any alternatives???

John Gamba
03-19-2004, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by ******
Hey guys, I know this thread is a few months old, but I didn't want to start a new one.

Anyhow, I'm looking at the Trimmertrap MR-1 to mount on my Toro WB. The problem is that I don't care to drill holes in my mower. Do you know of any alternatives???

Make a mount that goes on the mower then mount it to the trimmer holder. Something like a clamp type bracket.
john

Pecker
03-19-2004, 05:39 PM
Thanks John.

Here is a link to the MR-1 rack that I'm talking about: http://www.trimmertrap.com/racks/racks.htm

I'm not real creative with this sort of thing, so can you give me an idea as to what kind of bracket (some sort of "C-clamp" I guessing) I could use, etc. I'd like to mount it near the front arms that hold the castors. Thanks again.

Runner
03-19-2004, 08:58 PM
There are some types of clamps, I'm not sure what the brand is, (I'm thinking Sure-grip, or something like that), that are like a pistol like clamp, and tighten by squeezing the handle like a trigger. These would work. There are some like this available through Northern Tool. I know they work GREAT for vicing stuff.

Pecker
03-19-2004, 09:02 PM
Thanks Joe. I'll take a look at that.

Pecker
03-19-2004, 11:30 PM
Joe, I searched and searched, but no luck. Would you mind trying to remember and hopefully do a little searching. It would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Runner
03-20-2004, 01:15 AM
Sure, I have the catalog. If you have a Home Depot, or something like that around you, I'm sure they sell them there, also. I'll look around, though.

Here they are,... they're the ones called the "qwik grip".
http://www2.shopping.com/xFS?KW=clamps&GKW=&ATV=hand_tools-northern_tools-clamps&RST=DN-&FN=Tools_and_Hardware&FD=0
These things work awesome.

Pecker
03-20-2004, 11:39 AM
Cool, thanks again. I'm going to Sears today. I try not to go to HD too often because every time I go, I spend a fortune :o