PDA

View Full Version : changes for 2004 great dane chariots?

snowmizer
01-17-2004, 07:45 PM
does anyone have any info on what changes(if any) were made for the 2004 chariot.did a search and from what ive read you either love em or hate em. buddy is trying to talk me into one of these units.I have decided on a scag wildcat for my rider(like the bagger unit better than exmark) and just bought a 48"wb Exmark tt 2003.feedback on chariot?

pinnacle
01-17-2004, 08:14 PM
Big changes on the chassis on the 04'. Have a look at the JD Z and you'll see many simalaritys to the 04' Chariot. GD are going the cheap road now IMO using too much from their sister company JD. To me it looks like GD are using parts from the JD Z on the 04' Charriot . I have an 03' Chariot that is excellant but the 04'............I'd love to hear from some operators on how they preform and if they think they'll hold up.

kmeforou
01-18-2004, 12:41 AM
I had a Chariot JR about three years ago and it was junk. I got rid of it with just over 50 hours on it. I traded it in on a 60" Hustler. I do not know if they have made any improvements, but the bts was poor and they tried to speed it up by changing the pullies. I also had trouble with some of the electrical connections. The cut also was very poor. This was my first machine and I did not know what to expect. I lost about 2000.00 in my trade, but it was well worth getting rid of this lemon. Seems like they are trying to tell they are lemons by the color they paint them. Hope this information helps.