PDA

View Full Version : Should I cash this check?

promower
01-18-2004, 01:23 AM
I had a customer this year that started as a one time cut but by the end was almost every week plus he paid for a few extras. He was a great customer always first to pay. When the end of the year came I thought he was going to stiff me for $60 that he owed. His phone was out, never replied to letters ect... Finally got a check in the mail from his mother said "sorry this is late I just found it Andy died Nov. 13th" I was shocked this guy was only 33. I'm not sure if I should cash the check, I know I did the work and deserve payment but I dont know if I want his mother having to pay his old bills. I'm sending a sympathy card and if I dont cash the check I will tell her in the card so not to screw up her checking acct. What are your thoughts, I'm thinking the stuff he owned will be sold and old debts will be paid with this money. Anyone else come across a situation like this?

SHOW ME STATE RIDER
01-18-2004, 01:25 AM
Let him rest in peace

packerbacker
01-18-2004, 01:26 AM
moneys money, id keep it

Avery
01-18-2004, 01:27 AM
I would not cash it.....

SHOW ME STATE RIDER
01-18-2004, 01:28 AM
I never said not to keep it.

packerbacker
01-18-2004, 01:30 AM
I would not cash it.....

? Why ?

SHOW ME STATE RIDER
01-18-2004, 01:41 AM
I've done it before.cash it .Strange things come out of it. I've had relatives requested work to be done since I talked with them for the first time.

terracare
01-18-2004, 01:41 AM
she sent you the money, keep it.

todd

kootoomootoo
01-18-2004, 01:51 AM
If he died of cancer donate the money to cancer research. Take a deduction too.

Avery
01-18-2004, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by packerbacker
I would not cash it.....

? Why ?

I dunno. Just wouldn't. $60 is not a huge amount. I would send it back to her with a card.

packerbacker
01-18-2004, 02:04 AM
I dunno. Just wouldn't. $60 is not a huge amount. I would send it back to her with a card.

I understand sending condolences but he did earn the money

Royalslover
01-18-2004, 02:05 AM
Send it back.

promower
01-18-2004, 02:16 AM
Actually because of the low amount owed, the more I think about it I will send back the money. Good idea about sending to cancer research but the guy died of a freak accident, looked through back newspapers and said his death resulted from a fall at his home.

Soupy
01-18-2004, 02:22 AM
I bet she can afford it. If not, I don't think she would have paid the lawn guy. Maybe this guy had money or good life insurance.

Without sounding harsh, Why should you pay his bill? I'm sure that $60 wasn't all profit.

Avery
01-18-2004, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by packerbacker

I understand sending condolences but he did earn the money

Yea he did. There is no right answer here guys. Up to the individual. I am not quoting everyone that said they would cash it and giving reasons why they are wrong. Just saying that personally I would not cash it. To each his own.....

work_it
01-18-2004, 02:34 AM
I'm all for giving it to a cancer research charity, but do it in his name. Tell her about it in a card. She will appreciate it, and think you're just the greatest. Plus, you won't have to deal with the charity bombarding you with their funds drives 20 times a year.

the scaper
01-18-2004, 02:45 AM
i remember when my mother died and the doctor informed me of the balance and his intention to sue if he didnt receive the payment in a timely fasion. i dont think i would ever go that far but in your case i think i would just keep the money and send a card.

mtdman
01-18-2004, 03:07 AM
If the guy had bills, his estate would go into probate for 6 months so that people who he owed could come forward and try to get their money. Then whatever's left would be liquidated according to a will or probate judge. His mom didn't have to send you the money, it was very nice. I say that $60 isn't much, donate it to some nice charity in his name and send the card to his mom. You could keep it, it's money you earned, but this gesture would be greatly professional and might mean something to his mom. And you never know what kind of positive effects it might have. His mom might just spread the further good word of your business, enhancing your rep.

Just my 2 cents.

vipermanz
01-18-2004, 04:45 AM
donate it in his name to united way or habitat for humanity

60 bucks will buy about 30 2x4's, enough to help them out alot:)

KenH
01-18-2004, 06:25 AM
Buy the mom a nice bouquet for 30 or so dollars and keep the rest. This way you are covering your expenses, and doing a good deed in the meantime.

Tonyr
01-18-2004, 06:36 AM
try calling the mother and asking if you were to donate the money to a cause, what would she choose as this preferred cause, then donate the bill amount, send a card and let her know, it certainly doesn't hurt to go and do something special for someone in the "need", she will be feeling very down right now, just a nice jesture....

It's not really about the money, heck she could be rich even, it's about showing you care, and he was a client, not a stranger....

Obviously you earn't the money, it's 100% yours and you owe this family nothing....but burying your own children would be the hardest thing to do, I'm sure the jesture would be appreciated.

But if you can't afford it, remember it's yours and you have nothing to feel guilty about.

KenH
01-18-2004, 06:45 AM
I hear an underlying tone that "its not about the money." What if he owed you 6K???

GarPA
01-18-2004, 07:20 AM
Some of you guys never cease to amaze me...man I thought for sure most of you would say something like "did the phone or elec company say ignore the last bill ?"

I'm usually a soft touch for tragic things like this but on this one, I think Ken H has a good idea....cover your costs for the service(s)you perfomed and send the mother flowers...perhaps a plant that is not a throw away.

IMHO it is not at all rude or insenstive to at least recover your costs...

but follow what your heart tells you regardless of what we say...we are too far removed from the situation

allstar
01-18-2004, 08:47 AM
I'd do what KenH said.Go ahead and cash it but also send his mom a little something and tell her how much you liked her son.

HOMER
01-18-2004, 09:32 AM
I just had a customer die in early December.

I still sent the November bill and then sent the December bill...........you did the work..........I don't think it's insensitive to expect payment for services rendered. Ya, the power company, phone, and water still want theirs for what was used and you better believe they'll go after it one way or another.

I'm about to holler this so get ready.

WE ARE A BUSINESS........WE NEED TO BE TREATED AS A BUSINESS AND WE CAN ONLY DO THAT BY CONDUCTING OUR BUSINESS LIKE EVERY OTHER BUSINESS.......WE HAVE BILLS AND OVERHEAD TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Send her a sympathy card and thank her for the payment.

BB36
01-18-2004, 09:50 AM
Based on my experience i agree with Homer. Cash the check and send her a sympathy card.

brentsawyer
01-18-2004, 09:53 AM
We might be businesses but we are certainly not the cable company. I hate those morons. We are a business that has true competition and much better customer relations b/c we have to. They are a legalized monopoly that dosen't have to worry about jack. Basically its up to you what you want to do with the money. Personally, if the guy was a great customer and you don't NEED the money to pay your electric bill, donating some of the money in his name or something will be much more rewarding for you and will only cost you aftertax so around one dinner out on the town. The rewards and image you will portray to the family will be worth gold and you never know the end result

DFW Area Landscaper
01-18-2004, 10:18 AM
Cash the check and send the lady a condolences card.

Later,
DFW Area Landscaper

Turf Medic
01-18-2004, 10:34 AM
Buy yourself $60 worth of advertising by sending the check back. You will get a lot better return on this than by purchasing $60 worth of fliers, that woman will tell everyone she knows what you did. She may very well return the check to you, but she will still tell eveyone what a great guy you are.

People are right this is a business, but it is a business that you should be constantly building good will (within reason I don't mean the you need to work for everyone for free) so the lowballers don't come in and steal your customers.

burnandreturn
01-18-2004, 11:53 AM
I would send her a letter, condolencences etc. etc. and I would simply state in some fashion, how much you appreciate her honouring her son's debt to you, but if it is a financial hardship for her to do so you would like to return the check. If she anwers back one way or the other you have your answer. If she doesn't answer, cash the check. That way you have a win/win situation.

I feel because it was an accident it bears more leeway because they had no prior notice of the death, they were blindsided with his death. Had he died of an illness, although just as tragic, arrangements could have been made with your business apprising you of the situation.

fishnetman
01-18-2004, 12:06 PM
donate it to some charity in his name tell his mom,there's more to life than money.

J&R
01-18-2004, 12:06 PM
If you can live without the money send it back.

hortboy
01-18-2004, 12:32 PM
Cash the check, the money is most likely coming out of his estate when it is all said and done. the sympathy card is a great idea who knows may maintain the prop till house sells.

pjslawncare/landscap
01-18-2004, 12:36 PM
In this familys time of great pain I would gracously send them a sympathy card and return the check unless you really desperatly need the money. When I lost both my parents, people were very sympathetic and helpfull. A LCO I know mowed several of my yards to help out. All exept this forien doctor that wanted some landscaping done before he got home from his Carribian vacation. I almost told him to shouve it up his "you know what" when he acted like it was so important to get it done before he came back home and didnt seem to care that I had my parents funeral to attend out of town.
Beleive me, you will better your image by choosing to be gracouse and sympathetic it this familys time of pain.

mtdman
01-18-2004, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by KenH
I hear an underlying tone that "its not about the money." What if he owed you 6K???

If it was 6k, I'd take it to probate and get my money. It's the fact that it was only $60 and the mom took the time to send the money after she found the bill. Most people would ignore it, thinking "It's only the lawn guy. All this stuff I have to deal with, I'm going to worry about his lawn bill?" He said the guy was good about paying most of the season and was a pretty good customer. I think there is more to gain potentially from making a nice gesture to this mother than $60, not to mention keeping your humanity.

If it were more money, I might feel differently. But $60 is not that big of a deal. And you don't have customers dying every week of the season either, it's one of those things that doesn't happen often, but when it does it is nice to step up and make a difference. I had a customer die last season, a long time customer that was a tough old woman. Kinda got to know her family a bit over the years. I sent flowers and stopped the daughter and gave her my personal condolences. The son, who owns like 3 big bars in town, stopped me later on that month and told me how much it meant to him to hear from me and how nice the gestures were. Thought it was more than professional and really impressed him. THAT is what counts, and it certainly didn't break me to spend the time/money on the flowers and talking to the woman. Not only do I improve my rep, it meant something to the family. Death is a hard thing to deal with, it's always good to get something positive in those times.

WeatherMan
01-18-2004, 12:42 PM
I would send it back with a card and flowers, come on now its only $60.00 most of us make that in less then an hour, and it properly takes the old lady several days to come up with $60.00. She is showing a great gesture paying the bill now its time for you to send her a great jesture of sending it back with flowers. If it makes you fell better use it as a tax write-off. That way you make it back up in the end

bobbygedd
01-18-2004, 01:06 PM
this is why lawn guys will never be treated like REAL businessmen. YOU DON'T ACT LIKE PROFFESSIONAL BUSINESSMEN! business is business, accept payment for services rendered, and send a sympathy card. my goodness, you guys are unreal. i remember some years back, this lady owed me just that, $60 bucks. i couldn't get a hold of her. i stopped cutting. drove by one day, and noticed her car there, so i stopped. she aplogized, said she was spending time with her husband, he was in the hospital and dying. she was crying as she was writing the check. i took it, damn right, why wouldn't i?

pjslawncare/landscap
01-18-2004, 01:11 PM
Man bobby, your a gluutin for punishment. These guys are gonna call you all kinds of mean things now buddy :D :D :D :D

J&R
01-18-2004, 01:29 PM
That's why Bobby has so many posts about bad customers.

bobbygedd
01-18-2004, 01:35 PM
tell you what i'm gonna do. i have a very close family member who is sick, and not going to be around much longer. i'll give you all a list, of my household bills that will be waived the month after her death. in fact, i'll give you the list right now, here it is:

lucky
01-18-2004, 01:40 PM
I had a customer die in a freak hunting accident in the late fall,
finished out the season at no charge( 4 weeks). The widow was
very thankful, in return i picked up his two sisters yard. Sometimes
it pays to be sympathic in the time of need.

bobbygedd
01-18-2004, 01:54 PM
i agree, the active word here is "need". why do you just " ASSUME" the "NEED" is MONEY? maybe they "NEED" someone to talk to.maybe they need someone to help clean out the dead persons house, etc. maybe they need something else. maybe they have enough money, and if this is the case, why would you give them yours? now, if the person said, "well, i'm a little short on money....." i would say , "keep it." how come lawn guys are the first to say overlook it when someone screws u out of cash, overlook it when someone tries to bone you? are lawn guys suckers? or do only suckers cut grass?

GarPA
01-18-2004, 02:05 PM
JR...thats exactly the first thing that popped into my mind when I read BG's post....little wonder is it

bobbygedd
01-18-2004, 02:10 PM
yea, ok gar. to all of you who would wave payment: are you waiving it, because you want to help someone in need, at thier most sorrowful time? or are you waiving it, in hope of a reward, down the road?

Mikes Lawn Landscape
01-18-2004, 02:25 PM
Cash the check dont send sympathy card dont send flowers. Your relationship with him was business and you have no relationship with his mother. Move on.

olderthandirt
01-18-2004, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Mikes Lawn Landscape
Cash the check dont send sympathy card dont send flowers. Your relationship with him was business and you have no relationship with his mother. Move on.

I agree 100% Mike! What I notice is all the underlying feeling on these post is it might bring me more work 90% have that same underlying feeling that if I send the money back it will bring me more work becouse I'm such a nice guy I sent the money back. hypocrites your customers does not care about you, call them up and tell them you broke your leg and can't mow for a couple of weeks and see how many send you your cash, you would be doing good not to be replaced by another lawn guy.

Mac

bobbygedd
01-18-2004, 02:51 PM
yea no kidding mac. a few yrs back i needed surgery, i was out 8 weeks, i lost a whole bunch of customers. there were 2, who gave my fill in man an extra $5 to give to me. but i lost most of the clients. you know what else? i couldnt get another lawn service to help me out by subbing, they all basically said, "screw you"

olderthandirt
01-18-2004, 02:59 PM
Its a dog eat dog world out there Bob and if you aint the biggest meanest dog on the block your gonna go hungry.

Mac

GarPA
01-18-2004, 03:44 PM
BG...
1. I would recover my costs for the work that was done. Flowers would be in order if I knew the person for a period of time.
2. I couldn't care less if there was a possibility of getting other work because I was a "nice guy"
3. Most people cannot afford landscape service...so the chances that his mother would bring any new work to us, are slim to none
4. Just because its a scaper' eat scaper' world out there, doesn't mean I should not show a little sincere empathy for her situation. Burying a child is about the worst thing that can happen to anyone.

It may be a dog eat dog world, but I don't care to behave like the very people we say make it that way.....kindness starts and ends with each one of us. I would choose to act in the same way I would want to be treated if it were me in her shoes.....no more no less

promower
01-18-2004, 04:05 PM
Buisness may be buisness and I dont think I would be looked down on as a buisnessman for not cashing the check. Garpa is seeing this more of the way I'm looking at it, it may be dog eat dog and his parents are trying to do the right thing by paying me, and I'm also trying to do the right thing by not burdening them with his outstanding bills. I dont know these people they might be rich or they might live on a fixed income. Trying to get more work wasnt what I was thinking but rather treating others the way I would want to be treated. I'm still undecided about cashing I will have to make up my mind soon I dont like to hold onto checks.

olderthandirt
01-18-2004, 04:09 PM
Gary
What is so unkind about cashing the check and moving on you owe them nothing. If sending flowers makes YOU feel better then by all means do it, And I agree that burying a child IS the worst thing that can happen to a person but maybe that mother wanted to know her son did not die a deadbeat owing people money. The thread was should I keep the money or return it. I don't see where we disagree, except when I said call them up and tell them you broke your leg[your customers] and can't mow for a couple of weeks and see how many send you your cash, you would be doing good not to be replaced by another lawn guy. It would be nice if everyone treated you the way you would treat them but thats not gonna happen in the real world

Mac

nelbuts
01-18-2004, 04:15 PM
Cash the check. Before the estate is settled they will post a notice to all people having claims against the estate. That is when those he still owed money to will make their billsa known. If she paid you and you did the work you are entitled to that money and he did not take it with him. Cash the check.

GarPA
01-18-2004, 04:20 PM
Mac...there is absolutely nothing wrong with cashing the check....not one thing. He did the work, and he is entitled to be paid for it....period. If I gave the impression that there was something wrong in cashing the check, I apologize as that was not my intent at all.

I think some of us who are being, maybe too considerate, are reading between the lines in that his mom has this stuff dumped on her in an unexpected tragedy...at least thats why I was being a little more compasionate in this situation.

Now if I had an 85 year old geezer customer who keeled over, and his wife starts playhing the "pity me" act and tries to wiggle out of what they owe me, she'll see in a hearbeat what a hard azz I really CAN be...this one was just a little different, at least to me...

Soupy
01-18-2004, 05:04 PM
I had a customer pass over last winter. I mowed his lawn for 2 months before I found out. I tracked down his neice which was in charge of his estate and got payed. I sill cut the grass there, and every month I get a check. The check is titled "estate of xxx xxxxx"

When I called the Neice she was happy to hear from me. She said she had no idea who was taking care of the grass. I just got a letter from her over the holidays thinking me for taking such great care of her uncles property.

I'm sure the mother in this situation isn't thinking you are a bad person if you cash the check. Also I bet if anyone ever ask her if she knows of a good LCO. She will answer with, well my son (rest his sole) used Promower and was always happy with him.

So cash the check and move on. She might even get insulted if you try to return it. You never know. Leave as is and send a card thanking her.

MudslinginFX4
01-18-2004, 05:08 PM
I'm not sure what I would do in this situation. I would probably cash the check but also send a very nice letter to the family.

bobbygedd
01-18-2004, 06:04 PM
once again, to those who would not cash the check, would it be strictly an act of kindness, or would the motivation be how YOU could prosper down the road?

proenterprises
01-18-2004, 06:14 PM
i would donate it to somthing useful...and donate it in the name of the victim and inform the mother about it. it will come off nicley.

J&R
01-18-2004, 06:16 PM
I would not cash the check out of kindness. Because i let a 400.00 payment go because both of there jobs lost to down sizing . I will say i can afford to lose that much. But some LCO can't.

Tonyr
01-18-2004, 06:18 PM
After my earlier reply and reading on I think my view has changed some, Soupy's comment of "So cash the check and move on. She might even get insulted if you try to return it. You never know. Leave as is and send a card thanking her.

I think this is by far the simplest, cleanest way, the whole donation thing I previously mentioned is too tacky, the fact is you earn't the money, to refuse it is looking like you are rich enough not to need it or disrepecting the mother covering her son's debt.

Business is business, you would probably know if she was struggling to pay, so if she wasn't she obviously is happy to pay, she would not want things to drag, probably doesn't even want to spend a second lomger than she has to going through his affairs, this is her son, she isn't looking for sympathy, she would be going through hell at this time, she wants you to get paid, cash the check and send a nice card as he was a client, move on.

Be professional, but nice, a card shows respect.

Avery
01-18-2004, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by bobbygedd
once again, to those who would not cash the check, would it be strictly an act of kindness, or would the motivation be how YOU could prosper down the road?

I would not do it with hopes of benefiting down the road. Just out of kindness or sympathy.

bobbygedd
01-18-2004, 07:15 PM
thank you avery. i'm glad you guys are so thoughtful, and kind, and not selfish, because, well, i'm in need also. can you guys help me out?

Avery
01-18-2004, 08:47 PM
Sure I can. Always looking for help. Send me an application and I will give it every consideration! :)

bobbygedd
01-18-2004, 08:51 PM
see that..... my point exactly. you would wave a bill for $60, and as i suspected, not out of kindness, but out of greed. you are looking down the road for some reward. but now, i'm in dire need, and you turn your back on me. now i see how you guys are

olderthandirt
01-18-2004, 09:34 PM
Was is not Jerry Mcgire who said "Show me the money" I think you know How I feel about it, I'd cash the check and move on if god want to reward me when I get there he will, until then I gotta eat.

Mac

PrecisionLandService
01-18-2004, 10:02 PM
Cash the Check! You provided the service you deserve to be paid... I would send a symptahy card, that would be thoughtful!!

Avery
01-18-2004, 10:03 PM
see that..... my point exactly. you would wave a bill for $60, and as i suspected, not out of kindness, but out of greed. you are looking down the road for some reward. but now, i'm in dire need, and you turn your back on me. now i see how you guys are

Got nothing but love for ya BG. Tell ya what. If you are in that bad of a situation PM me your addy and I will send you $60. :D

And yes I am usually pretty greedy, but in this case I would not be.

Avery
01-18-2004, 10:11 PM
Dang! I just got a PM right after I posted that and said to myself "There is Bobby asking for $60!" HAHAHAHA!

False alarm.....:)

bobbygedd
01-18-2004, 10:12 PM
well, $20 bucks would be fine. you see, it's not for me, it's for my eyes. i quit drinking beer the other day, kinda adding up around my waistline. but i can't stand to look at my mother in law while i'm sober. so, i switched to drinkin wine. and, cheap wine gives me a headache, but good wine, is expensive. so, whatever u could do would be appreciated

PrecisionLandService
01-18-2004, 10:16 PM
I went back and read the rest of the posts.... ITs only 60 bucks... 60 dollars never sent anyone to the poor house...

Avery
01-18-2004, 10:19 PM
well, $20 bucks would be fine. you see, it's not for me, it's for my eyes. i quit drinking beer the other day, kinda adding up around my waistline. but i can't stand to look at my mother in law while i'm sober. so, i switched to drinkin wine. and, cheap wine gives me a headache, but good wine, is expensive. so, whatever u could do would be appreciated

I had the same problem except it was my wife, not my mother-in-law. I swithced back to beer and now I am a happily married man again! :p

Randy Scott
01-18-2004, 10:25 PM
Cash the check.

gramps
01-19-2004, 03:38 PM
I bet the doctor,phone co. electric ect. didn't cash thier checks. Get real. Another slow day.

promower
01-19-2004, 05:45 PM
An update on this story. I cashed the check. I feel she sent me the money because she wanted me to be paid, if she could care less she would have let it go and let his estate handle it. I sent a card just to be nice and let her know I enjoyed working with him and he was a nice person to be around.

hardwork2
01-19-2004, 10:09 PM
I hope I'm not condemened for saying this. There is more to life than money. Do the right thing.Good luck

bobbygedd
01-19-2004, 10:24 PM
there is?

olderthandirt
01-19-2004, 10:30 PM
yea woman

bobbygedd
01-19-2004, 10:35 PM
yea, but they're a dime a dozen.

olderthandirt
01-19-2004, 10:55 PM
So I can get 60,720 that might be a few to many but I'm willing to share.

TLClawncare
01-19-2004, 11:03 PM
i would not keep it his mom or other realatives might take notice to your generousity and hire you to do their yard or recommend you to someone else.......so this move could possibly make you alot more than a measly $60

Expert Lawns
01-19-2004, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by vipermanz
donate it in his name to united way or habitat for humanity

60 bucks will buy about 30 2x4's, enough to help them out alot:)

I volunteer for habitat. my dad and i survey the lots for them. it's fun to do and makes me feel good. giving backa little ya know. they sure can use all the donations they can get. good idea.

KirbysLawn
01-20-2004, 01:30 PM
I read most of this untill it became a pissing match in the middle. I think only you know what you should do, you know your finances and you probably have a good idea if the $60 will be needed by the family.

It seems there are several takes on this situation...

1) Send the money back. This would be my choice if thought they could use it more than I could.

2) Keep the check and cash it, send a card and spend half the money on flowers. Disagree. The whole dission or concer is about who needs the money, hell with this looks like the flower company needs the money. (I'm not a big fan of sending flowers and my entire family knows when I die a dime better not be spend on them, give it to the grandkids not some flower shop I don't know)

3) Give it to charity. Great but avoids the reason for the question in the first place...who needs the money?

Compairing a lawn service to a utility company is not a very good compairson...at all. Utilitiy companies do not visit your house weekly, they do not know your name, you do not know their name, and there is no personel relationship. The same people posting that we should "act like a big business" are the same ones suggesting that cards and/or flowers be sent. Now I must ask, when was the last time anyone got flowers or cards from "a big business" that we are using as the example?

Again just think about it for a minute. We offer a personal service, not a utility. Each can handle theirs as they see fit, but I for one will not run my besiness they way the power, phone, cable, gas, or other companies run theirs.

Expert Lawns
01-20-2004, 01:40 PM
Sounds like a lot of people would do a lot of different things. It's just a moral dilema now. Do what YOU want. YOU have to live with it. Make sure it makes YOU happy

Lux Lawn
01-20-2004, 03:30 PM
I have never been in a situation with someone that young has died,but over the years I have had a few older people die and I always recieved payments from their family members. Most of the time it seems like they want you to maintain the property untill it is sold. I always send a card. If the employees know the person or the customers family they will sign it to.If they send the check it is because they want you to have it because you earned it.Some people will take the money back while some won't .

battags
01-20-2004, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by the scaper
i remember when my mother died and the doctor informed me of the balance and his intention to sue if he didnt receive the payment in a timely fasion. i dont think i would ever go that far but in your case i think i would just keep the money and send a card.

That's O.K. My dad died while visiting the hospital for outpatient tests, never admitted. His body was in the morgue for 3 days until and autopsy was done. Two days after his funeral we got a bill from the hospital for three days room and board. How the hell does a dead person eat or take up a whole room? My mom and the rest of us were pissed!!!

They came after us for thier money and we shouldn't have even been billed!

B