PDA

View Full Version : ? on hand-held blower leaking

GarPA
01-18-2004, 08:45 AM
All my Echo equipment is hanging on a wall...fuel caps are all tight and they are hung level. Noticed there is a slow leak from the Shred N Vac engine. The fuel hose seems tight and I;ve not yet cleaned it up to be able to see where it might be leaking.The leak is very slow...but leaking none the less
Ever have this happen and if so what did you determine the problem was? thanks

Gr grass n Hi tides
01-18-2004, 08:57 AM
I had that problem with some Echo equipment, but it was one of several (problems) so I replaced it. I just got tired of dealing with it. I know this response isn't very helpful, but it was worth it to me not to have to spend any more time and money trying to get all the trouble solved. I hope yours is an easy fix.

GarPA
01-18-2004, 09:06 AM
I was afraid of that. I think I remember a number of people here saying that Echo stuff often has a leak problem. Trying to find a leak can be a hassle as you say

mmacsek
01-18-2004, 09:12 AM
GarPa,
I had this same problem with an Echo 1500 hedge trimmer. The problem turned out to be a cracked fuel tank. It had a small crack below the threads on the filler cap. You couldn't see it unless you put a small flashlight inside the tank and flexed the tank. About 10 dollars and fixed. It was small but caused alot of problems. The trimmer is about 5 years old. Hope this helps. Matt

GarPA
01-18-2004, 09:20 AM
I was thinking it might be the fuel tank...and maybe even at the top of the tank because it seems to leak when its fuller...thanks for the tip

KenH
01-18-2004, 10:11 AM
Might be a very thin crack/hole in a fuel line. Also loosen cap and retighten to make sure pressure wasnt built up in tank forcing gas out of carb, and check the small breather coming out of the gas tank.

GarPA
01-18-2004, 10:24 AM
Now why didn't I think of that Ken...I know...its because I'm equipment stupid..always was and always will be...

TRex
01-18-2004, 10:30 AM
I noticed on my trimmer that when it gets around 30 deg. mine starts leaking where the fuel line comes out of the tank. I guess the fuel line shrinks just a enough to be able to move it in and out of the tank. Once it warms back up to higher temps it is fine and the hose becomes tight again

pjslawncare/landscap
01-18-2004, 02:03 PM
Just light a match and see where it burns first.
Sorry, I couldnt resist :blob2:

GarPA
01-18-2004, 03:07 PM
PJ...you need to be more careful....as stupid as I can be at times, I might actually go and do that!! lol...then the least of my worries will be a leaky handheld...

Jeff W
05-11-2006, 07:05 PM
Hey guys, my hedge trimmers just started leaking, there is a recall on the fuel hose of many products from a certain production period. chech echo website for exact dates. Its only a $2 part. I got 3, but havn't changed it yet.

rodfather
05-11-2006, 07:08 PM
With all your loot Gary I would just heave it and buy something new. :laugh:

mike lane lawn care
05-11-2006, 09:00 PM
go to your dealer, there is a recall on a lot of echo stuff, the fuel lines developed leaks, they replace the lines free of charge.

ed2hess
05-11-2006, 10:48 PM
What model is leaking? Is there pressure build up in tank when it is leaking?