PDA

View Full Version : Gravely lean vs Exmark

kmeforou
01-18-2004, 11:56 AM
Thanks to a prior post, I have completly deleted Scag as a choice. The imput I got makes me want to purchase a Gravely over an Exmark. For a comperable size unit, in our area, there can be as much as 600.00 difference in cost in zero turns. I have heard that the cut of Gravely will be very good and may be as good and if not better than Exmark. Has anyone out there tried both in the same area? How dependable is Gravely vs Exmark(down time is money). Are parts easy to get and are they reasonably priced? I want to thank everyone that will help me make my final decision.

AMAC
01-18-2004, 12:23 PM
I have both machines and they both are top quality units, but I have had a real problem with getting gravely parts and service. The dealers and service are as important as the machine. In my area the ex-mark dealer offers me a loaner unit if my machines break down and need repairs, the gravely dealer does not. In my opinion it would be worth the extra $600.00 to get the better service, it will save you money in the long run.