PDA

View Full Version : NJ unemployment

Gtotoy
01-18-2004, 03:18 PM
Hey guys got a question here, I had an employee this season who pretty much abandoned his job on Oct. 1st, after calling out for 5 days in a row. Well now I have recieved his unemployment stuff.
I know that in NJ you can still collect when you quit your job, I have two other guys who quit on me this season collecting.

Oh I also forgot to add that he also had a sticky finger problem, a few items have turned up missing shortly after his departure.I had a customer tell me after he quit, that she caught him smoking pot on a landscape job there and so on and so on..

My question is: Is there a way to not have to pay his unemployment wages?

On the paperwork for the other two guys, I put on there quit job no notice blah blah,, and they are still getting it.

Just curious, I really don't care bout' the other two guys, but this one, if i could stop it, would be satisfying.

Henry
01-18-2004, 03:25 PM
Are you sure they're collecting from your account? They may be getting it from a previous job. I once contested an employees privelage and they cit him off.

Gtotoy
01-18-2004, 03:28 PM
Hey Henry how long ago was that, as far as I am aware this is kinda a new thing at unemployment.
And I am pretty sure its coming from my account at least on the one guy,,, he didnt work for at least 1.5 yrs. before I hired him,, worked for 3 months and walked off the job,, I think when I sent his info in ,saying quit blah blah blah,, there next piece of mail readjusted his rate.
So I think like a penalty or something, not to sure.

NCL
01-18-2004, 05:10 PM
I just had a guy quit just before the 12/7/03 snowstorm he demanded me to pay him in cash not on the books he was getting $20 per hour, he tried to collect and i fought it, you have to respond to all the info unemployement asks for , i would even call and complain that how can this guy collect after leaving his job for no legitimate reason. My guy was not able to collect, so he tried to apeal and they shot him down again. Henry is right it may not be coming from your account. double check and fight it !!

Gtotoy
01-20-2004, 02:35 PM
~~Any more insites?~~

mtdman
01-20-2004, 03:29 PM
Hire some goombas to snuff him out. From what I've seen on HBO, NJ is crawling with 'em.

You're in South Jersey. Take him down to the Pine Barrens to get rid of him. Just don't get lost in the forest, and watch out for crazed Russian dudes.

:D :D :D

TheKingNJ
01-20-2004, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by mtdmaster
Hire some goombas to snuff him out. From what I've seen on HBO, NJ is crawling with 'em.

You're in South Jersey. Take him down to the Pine Barrens to get rid of him. Just don't get lost in the forest, and watch out for crazed Russian dudes.

:D :D :D

HAHAHA that is my favorite episode of the Sopranos. Gotta love Jersey!

mtdman
01-20-2004, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by TheKingNJ
HAHAHA that is my favorite episode of the Sopranos. Gotta love Jersey!

Mine too! That episode totally kills me. I feel like I know Jersey and I've never been!

:D

DJL
01-22-2004, 03:53 PM
if you are dropping em off in the pine-ez then you better watch out for the jersey devil, he'll getcha everytime!!

Fvstringpicker
01-22-2004, 04:03 PM
I basically had the same thing happen to me in Georgia. A guy got pissed off and just walked off the job and didn't come back. At the unemployment hearing, I told the hearing officer I'd hire him back if he'd come back. I figured him right and he told the hearing officer he didn't want the job back. He was denied unemployment. Of course I knew he wouldn't come back because he hated the work.

Gtotoy
01-23-2004, 10:29 AM
Well this thread got interesting, I'll get ya posted as to the outcome,, hopefully this scumbag aint collecting off my account,, It's principal.

Gtotoy
02-14-2004, 12:32 PM
~~Well update,, I just got my letter, that I have been relieved of any charges to my account.~~