PDA

View Full Version : Scotts Lawn care

macaw
01-19-2004, 04:29 PM
I started doing the Scotts fertilizer 5 step program I will be doing my yard and 2 customer's Has anybody tried this.

BOTURF
01-19-2004, 06:09 PM
hope you have your pesticide lic if you are going to apply to customers lawns for money if not dont even think about it

pcnservices
01-19-2004, 06:45 PM
Yep, I agree with BOTURF. Get your applicators license first. There are too many legalities involved. If you get reported you'll have some explaining to do.
Check in with the pest and fert forum for advice from them pro's.
Good Luck
PC

65hoss
01-19-2004, 06:49 PM
If I was going to do a program it wouldn't be Scotts, I would get the better materials from LESCO or one of the other comm'l mfgs.

sildoc
01-19-2004, 08:34 PM
Not every state requires you to have a pesticide license to apply fertilizer. Check with your state pesticide division on all requirements.
In Oregon You need no pesticide license to apply fert., unless it has a weed killer or bug killer in it.
Straight fert. No problem.
Like I say Don't always listen to others on requrements because they differ from state to state. Now If someone posts from TN that you need a license you most likely do.
And Like 65hoss says there are better materials out there not to mention cheaper than SCOTTS.

bobbygedd
01-19-2004, 08:42 PM
scotts 5 step does include pesticides

BOTURF
01-19-2004, 08:46 PM
In indiana you do too, I know i was a register techican for a few years and i now hold a private applicators lic to spray pesticides at trhe greeenhouse i work at . Bobby gedd is right on scotts 5 step has the pesticides in it .