PDA

View Full Version : Dump truck's

PA landscaper
01-19-2004, 10:32 PM
just wondering on how many people use dump trucks for there lco, it seems that every one uses full size pickup's for those of you that use them what are the pro's amd con's

PROCUT1
01-19-2004, 10:44 PM
i run a couple of rackbody dumps. i like them better than the mason type dumps. Im mostly maintenance so im hauling mulch and light materials so the rack dumps have more volume capacity.

pjslawncare/landscap
01-19-2004, 11:19 PM
Couldnt live without mine

little green guy
01-20-2004, 12:38 PM
I have 2 pickups and a rackbody dump. I don't know how you can get by without one. I use mine everyday. The rack body is real nice for hauling light materials. I can get 10 yards of mulch on my truck, for bruch and leaves it's great too.

rob1325
01-20-2004, 09:06 PM
I use all rack dumps with couple of pickups for trailering and running around for small jobs. They make work faster and easier. I am considering to even get a bigger dump this year to trailer my bigger equipment.

bastalker
01-20-2004, 09:18 PM
It depends on what yer situation is. If yer haulin mulch, dirt for installs etc...A dump is a must.

I have a flat bed dump, that I can make in to whatever I want with just changin the sides. If I want a rack, I just put those sides on. If I want a mason dump, I put those sides on. If I am using it for leaf clean up, I put the box on..

If yer just haulin a trailer, and cuttin, then ya prolly dont really need a dump. A dump will make you more versatile.....IMO