PDA

View Full Version : Statement for Customer

Expert Lawns
01-19-2004, 10:54 PM
Has anyone ever had to write a statement for a customer? I have a customer who had some unwanted renovations done by MDOT. her lawn is a mess and was never fixed after construction. She needs a statement from me telling about how the lawn was in good shape and easily maintainable before the renovations took place. Here is what I have so far. Any and all advice/comments/suggestions are appreciated. This letter will be included in her claim with MDOT. Thanks

PS. I can only BS so much :confused:

the scaper
01-20-2004, 12:26 AM
that should work just fine. who is going to be doing the restoration work, you or mdot?

jwholden
01-20-2004, 03:36 AM
What SPECIFICALLY was wrong with the lawn? Improper drainage/grading? Poor soil brought in? Contractors mix grass seed?

The best lawn your company services means nothing to a complete stranger. What percent of the lawn has no grass now? What types of weeds are there? Did your client water the new lawn? How are the neighbors lawns, also worked on by MDOT looking?

I would be very SPECIFIC about what is wrong with the lawn and put some info in the first paragraph about what makes you an EXPERT on this matter.

That information will strengthen your letter.

DennisF
01-20-2004, 08:21 AM
A picture is worth a thousand words.

Expert Lawns
01-20-2004, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by jwholden
What SPECIFICALLY was wrong with the lawn? Improper drainage/grading? Poor soil brought in? Contractors mix grass seed?

The best lawn your company services means nothing to a complete stranger. What percent of the lawn has no grass now? What types of weeds are there? Did your client water the new lawn? How are the neighbors lawns, also worked on by MDOT looking?

I would be very SPECIFIC about what is wrong with the lawn and put some info in the first paragraph about what makes you an EXPERT on this matter.

That information will strengthen your letter.

the soil was loose, the hydroseed wasn't taking, and to top it off, her basement flooded due to improper grading. all she wants is a nice statement from me letting them know how nice the yard was before the constructin began. and all SHE wants is for it to be back the way it was. MDOT will not be doing the work, i have subbed it to someone. if MDOT isn't happy with the etimate, they can contract it out to someone else if they feel the need, but it's not that big of a job. they probably won't bother