PDA

View Full Version : Plastic Bags - Walker Mowers ??

Kelly & Sons
01-20-2004, 01:56 PM
Anyone know the best place to get Plastic bags that I can fit around the GHS on my walker mowers? I just want to be able to dump the clippings/leaves into the bag, and go.... any ideas? Thanks in advance...

BB36
01-20-2004, 02:12 PM
I had Toro outfront (built like the Walker)and what I did although not perfect was to cut the top 1/2 off two 90 gallon plastic garbage cans.Next i bolted the 2 cans together side by side.
Then place 2 leaf bags ,one in each can,open up your hopper and tilt it back so the grass now dumps into the open bags.Pull out the full bags,tie them off and off you go.

SCAPEASAURUSREX
01-20-2004, 02:55 PM
I saw somthng in walker talk magazine that they have or will have these dump bins that slide into the hopper, fill em as you mow and then when full you slide the two things out and dump into truck etc....

Kelly & Sons
01-20-2004, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by SCAPEASAURUSREX
I saw somthng in walker talk magazine that they have or will have these dump bins that slide into the hopper, fill em as you mow and then when full you slide the two things out and dump into truck etc....

I saw those too... they aren't out yet though... I'll probably buy some when they become available

mowin at the lake
01-20-2004, 03:23 PM
At the GIE in St.Louis someone had it. It looked like two rubbermaid totes. They fit side by side in the ghs. kane

edward hedrick
01-20-2004, 09:53 PM
they are called Lawn Baggs. I bought 2 at Lesco. 15 and 25

cuft. The 15 works on the 9.5 GHS. Cost 30?

Critical Care
01-20-2004, 10:58 PM
I've never used plastic bags and it always seemed like more work than other ways. Generally, with the Walker, I'd lay out a tarp and just dump out on it, and then later bundle up the tarp and dump the load into the truck. Working alone I'd try dumping into a rubbermaid, but with spill-over falling on the tarp. So... why use bags, unless if you're going to leave the lawn clippings with your clients?

broken leg
01-21-2004, 01:00 AM
Which hopper do you have big or small. I have the bags in the shop. my dealer getts them for me. they come 100 to a box and you use them over and over I will check in the shop tomorrow and see who makes them.

Kelly & Sons
01-21-2004, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by broken leg
Which hopper do you have big or small. I have the bags in the shop. my dealer getts them for me. they come 100 to a box and you use them over and over I will check in the shop tomorrow and see who makes them.

I have the 9.5 GHS (large)

You can email me if you want
christopher_kelly@csx.com

broken leg
01-24-2004, 11:27 PM
The bags I have are for the smaller hopper. I have the bigger hopper on my walker and bough the bags by mistake. If you fill a bag up with the big hopper you can not pick it up. Some friends of mine have the hydro lift on a 9.5 tank and fill 2 bags from one tank.

grillonz
01-25-2004, 01:01 AM
You could try using wool packs. With a square frame on legs you can back up & dump your catcher. Frame needs to be approx 600mm square & sit high enough to clear the bottom of the catcher. The wool pack is then folded over the frame & start dumping.
Happy mowing
James