PDA

View Full Version : fuel stabalizer

bigt
01-20-2004, 03:26 PM
do you need to drain the fuel or just use it?:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

grass_cuttin_fool
01-20-2004, 03:40 PM
I would say that you need to add the correct ratio ounces to gallons and run the engine for a while to get the stabizer into the carb, I always try to add a fuel stable aid to the last 5 or 10 gallons of gas when i buy it and then all my equipment has it in the gas and in the system

Turfcutters Plus
01-20-2004, 03:48 PM
I do just before winter,and all year in things i use periodically.

Scraper
01-20-2004, 04:09 PM
Just use it...if you are unsure how much fuel is in your tank you can add more than what you think you have in gas. At least with Stabil you can do that. Also make sure you agitate it to disperse thru your fuel and make sure to run the engine long enough to ensure that it has reached the carb or you will have done all for naught.

mtdman
01-20-2004, 04:21 PM
I use it all winter long in the snow blowers. I'm always afraid that water is going to get in the gas with the snow and all, can't hurt to run it just in case.

When winterizing for the season, I add it to the tank and let it run. My dealer claims that stihl puts a stabilizer in it's oil mix and that my 2 cycle stuff doesn't need the stabilizer, but I always add it in there too.

My next door neighbor last year was trying to run his snow blower dry at the end of the winter. He left it on and running in the driveway for like 3 hours.

Jimbo
01-20-2004, 04:50 PM
Just mix it according to the instructions, and then run the engine for 5 minutes. The back of the container explains everything.

upsondown
02-02-2004, 09:12 AM
I use stabilizer year round in all my equipment. Makes for quicker starting among many other benefits - and the cost is peanuts.

tiedeman
02-02-2004, 01:12 PM
same thing that MTD does is what I do.

idugaholez
02-02-2004, 02:40 PM
i run AMZ Oil stabilizer all year long. I use less than what they recomend in my gas cans, but n the winter, i run the proper amount through every ting.

doug

turf9
02-02-2004, 04:31 PM
Tanaka has it + one mix does all 2 cycles

MudslinginFX4
02-02-2004, 04:48 PM
I add it to all my gas at the end of the season. I also still run all my equipment once a week for about 30 minutes.

Tomt
02-02-2004, 04:49 PM
Using Stabil year round, in ALL my small engines, has saved me many, many times the cost of the product. I use it in my boat, wave runners, motorcycles, mowers, all 2cycle stuff and a car that I use very seldom.

I have gas, I use in an emergency generator, that is three years old and is still as good as new.

IMO, Very cheap insurance.

:cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: