PDA

View Full Version : Oops!! The trailer is on fire!

TheKingNJ
01-20-2004, 05:20 PM
I was looking at trailers on ebay an this cought my eye.
It was accidentally burned by gasoline.
Hope he has insurance.

http://thekinglandscaping.8m.com/trailer1.jpg
http://thekinglandscaping.8m.com/trailer2.jpg
http://thekinglandscaping.8m.com/trailer3.jpg
http://thekinglandscaping.8m.com/trailer4.jpg

like to the auction if any one is interested.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6737&item=2454837304

TheKingNJ
01-20-2004, 05:23 PM

MudslinginFX4
01-20-2004, 05:37 PM
That sucks! Everyone needs to watch out, sometimes we forget about the smallest things that can lead up to the biggest problems.

MudslinginFX4
01-20-2004, 05:38 PM
oops.. made another post.

TheKingNJ
01-20-2004, 05:41 PM
Stupid freeservers don't like when people just use them to store pictures.

bob
01-20-2004, 06:08 PM
I like how it says " could be used as an animal shelter".

hole in one lco
01-20-2004, 06:47 PM
The bid was 400.00 but the reserve was't met yet. Whats this guy looking to get for a burnt up trailer.
Shipping should be cheaper.:D :D :D :D

Kent Lawn Care
01-21-2004, 11:58 AM
To me kinda looks like a set up, notice the gas pump sitting exacitally in the middle of the trailer in the one pic?

bigshoe
01-21-2004, 12:21 PM
The bid is now at $511.00 dollars and the reserve is still not met. what does this guy think he is going to get for a burnt up trailer.

Richard Martin
01-21-2004, 12:30 PM
I wouldn't give him a dime for it. He would have to pay me to haul it to the dump. He said it got hot enough to melt the door springs and that's too hot for me.

Kelly & Sons
01-21-2004, 01:03 PM
Probably did it to get some insurance money!

Green Gopher
01-21-2004, 01:28 PM
Kent Lawn Care good eye, you must be a firefighter. You can tell the side door was open and rear door was closed during the fire. I would like to know if there was any other equipment in side or was it empty during the fire. I'll bet the insurance refused to pay so now he has to sell it to recover losses.

bigshoe
01-21-2004, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Richard Martin
I wouldn't give him a dime for it. He would have to pay me to haul it to the dump. He said it got hot enough to melt the door springs and that's too hot for me.

I second that.

DUSTYCEDAR
01-21-2004, 02:02 PM
looks like the blower was used 2 speed up the fire?:eek:

thfireman
01-21-2004, 02:46 PM
Another possibility was that either he or the fire department moved things around. In the Fire service it is called overhaul. We move things when necessary to get behind them and extinguish hot spots. However, I must say it is strange that the gas pump is still in the trailer. The fire dept. most likely would have gotten that thing the heck out of a volatile area like that.

It could have been placed back in the trailer when it was time to haul it off to the yard. My point is that there are a lot of reasons why the pump may be placed where it is now, but it does raise an eyebrow.:confused:

As for the side door being open as opposed to the back gate during the fire... well the side door is opened by a latch and swung to the open position by hand. It is the quickest way to gain access during the fire. The gate at the back may have been electrically lowered and by the time the fire was noticed it may have burnt the electrical connections loose for the motors. Or maybe the trailer was backed close to a building and the fire department couldn't get to it.

Just a few alternate views as seen by a firefighter.

SCAPEASAURUSREX
01-21-2004, 03:00 PM
Did you guys know that they make self contained fire supression systems for trailers like that ?? I think I may look into them.. THink the company was " firebottle" they make stuff for race cars and also had a trailer system......

thfireman
01-21-2004, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by SCAPEASAURUSREX
Did you guys know that they make self contained fire supression systems for trailers like that ?? I think I may look into them.. THink the company was " firebottle" they make stuff for race cars and also had a trailer system......

I have only seen one system like that and it was in a moving van company truck. My aunt was moving and I stopped by to see if there was any help to offer and I noticed a large extinguisher in the back corner with small pipes running down each corner of the trailer to the back door. There were numerous small nozzels. A fire link was located in 3 different locations in the centerline of the truck on a release cable that ran to a regulator on the extinguisher. Never had seen anything in a truck like that before but it is a good idea.:blob2:

It kinda reminded me of the Ansul systems located in grill hoods at resturants.

thfireman
01-21-2004, 03:10 PM
Found the company link for Fire Bottle.

http://www.firebottleracing.com/

They have a system called Fuel Cell-Trailer Guard . Uses individual extinguishers with a fire sensitive head.

mylawn03
01-21-2004, 03:36 PM
How pretty!

Green Gopher
01-21-2004, 04:22 PM
Thfireman,

I agree totally it is hard to speculate after the fact and your probably right, but my thoughts on the door are that if I was going to burn this trailer I would want to trap the heat to increase damage before detection. Also looking at the top of the side door the fire vented at the front of the trailer leading me to believe this guy left the side door open and back closed. Looking v-pattern in the side shots the fire burned hotter on the right side then the left and started some where forward of the rear axle concurrent with the placement of the fuel can. It looks like the fire was put out quickly, because there is so little damage (especially to the floor deck) for as big as the fire must have been. You may be right about overhaul because it looks like the plywood interior was removed from the walls in the burned areas, hard to move around in there without moving the can.

I'm no expert, but it looks fishy. It's tempting to call the number on the back gate and ask?? :D

TheKingNJ
01-21-2004, 05:45 PM
Hahahaha may be one of us should email him on the "ask seller a question" on ebay and send him a link to this forum!!

thfireman
01-21-2004, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by TheKingNJ
Hahahaha may be one of us should email him on the "ask seller a question" on ebay and send him a link to this forum!!

OK, we all elect you TheKing! LOL:D