PDA

View Full Version : This is me.

bunnymuncher
01-20-2004, 09:04 PM
I am the land manager at a local community college. I am in charge of about 110 acres. About 100 of those are wooded. About 8 of that is lawn and landscape beds the rest is parking lots, islands, roads and building. I have 2 guys that work for me year round and in the summer time i usually hire about 6 guys to help out. We do all the maintenance and installation. The property also has a full irrigation system that i take care of. I have about 250 ornamental trees, about 500 or so shrubs, and about 20 different planting beds, 3 of which are pretty large. We have 3 ponds that we maintain and one fountain. I have my commercial pesticide applicators liscense and I am a certified master gardener. As for equipment, we have a 2001 gmc 2500 pickup, a 1988 gmc 1500 pickup, a 1986 nissan pickup, 2 taylor-dunn utility carts, a 16 ft trailor, john deere f935 tractor, jd wb, asv rc50(which I love), 2 hustler wbs, 2 push mowers, 4 sthil trimmers, sthil hedge trimmer, chain saw, 2 sthil backpack blowers, 2 areators, and a bunch of other stuff but im tired of typing. Probably more than enough for what i take care of but we try to get as much of the maintenance done early so we can work on the installation work we do. I have been here for almost 5 years and the place has almost doubled in size. I have been working on the side for most of that time and am going to be doing more this year than any before. I hope to have my lawn and landscape business going good enough that this will be my last summer at the college. thanks for reading
don