PDA

View Full Version : walker mower owners!


John Gamba
01-21-2004, 02:41 PM
Have you seen the (NEW) i'm going to call it 52" S/D. It seems to have a baffle like an exmark or scag in the front of the deck.It does not look like a mulching baffle but a FLOW CONTROL one.
Also what is the blade speed on the (NEW) 52" Deck.
I just got the brochure and its the one with the roses on it.
John

I'll try and post a pic tonight.
Thanks

Kelly & Sons
01-21-2004, 02:58 PM
:confused:

Haven't seen it yet

Avery
01-21-2004, 03:29 PM
Don't care to see it...:(

edward hedrick
01-21-2004, 09:26 PM
Thank you, tagteam and I are going to Hartford. Hope to see the

photo. We'll have a report on Meg-mo. Ed

PaulJ
01-22-2004, 12:07 AM
At one time I heard that walker was oign to have a 52" deck for the GHS. Anyone heard of this?

John Gamba
01-22-2004, 05:18 AM
Originally posted by edward hedrick
Thank you, tagteam and I are going to Hartford. Hope to see the

photo. We'll have a report on Meg-mo. Ed

Good Morning Ed.
Whats in hartford?
John

John Gamba
01-22-2004, 05:19 AM
Originally posted by PaulJ
At one time I heard that walker was oign to have a 52" deck for the GHS. Anyone heard of this?

I have heard of it for a couple of years???
John

walker-talker
01-22-2004, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by PaulJ
At one time I heard that walker was oign to have a 52" deck for the GHS. Anyone heard of this? Are you sure it was a 52"....I was thinking it was much larger than the 52"....like a 62", but I could be wrong. I spoke with Bob Walker about the mulching problems with the 52" deck. I asked if he was familar with LS and he said yes and went on to tell him about many threads about the flaws with the 52" deck and he acted like he knew nothing about it. I do remember hearing about the new design, but when I asked my dealer, he knew nothing about it, that was about 8 months ago. I would love to see a pic John.

John Gamba
01-22-2004, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by walker-talker
Are you sure it was a 52"....I was thinking it was much larger than the 52"....like a 62", but I could be wrong. I spoke with Bob Walker about the mulching problems with the 52" deck. I asked if he was familar with LS and he said yes and went on to tell him about many threads about the flaws with the 52" deck and he acted like he knew nothing about it. I do remember hearing about the new design, but when I asked my dealer, he knew nothing about it, that was about 8 months ago. I would love to see a pic John.

I will try. But i have to scan it and thats been a while. BUT it is a small pic.
Its in the brochure with the stream and roses. Last page in side.
John

MOW ED
01-23-2004, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by Avery
Don't care to see it...:(


I don't really care to see your bashing of a mower. If you cant read a thread and contribute in a positive way then keep your comments to yourself.

Too bad that you may not like Walker, you created a thread and got your point across. Let it lie. Don't spread useless comments in other threads. People want to learn something without wading thru all kinds of meaningless posts.

Sorry for that John.

Thanks for the info. I have not heard nor seen this. I have a 52SD that is a great deck that does great in all my conditions but I am thinking this control would help with the front end blowout that the deck gives in certain conditions. I also wondered about the blade speed as this is something that different pulleys can increase ir decrease. All in all the deck is a moneymaker for me but I am always lookin to add a Lazer to the group.

Kelly & Sons
01-23-2004, 09:29 AM
I still cannot find plastic bags to dump my clippings in!!! Anyone know where to get them ?

ksland
01-23-2004, 09:49 AM
Whats the deal on the bins that supposed to be coming out? 2 trays that slide into the hopper for easy unloading into trucks.

Kelly & Sons
01-23-2004, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by ksland
Whats the deal on the bins that supposed to be coming out? 2 trays that slide into the hopper for easy unloading into trucks.

I've seen them in catalogs, not on the price sheets yet though...

John Gamba
01-23-2004, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by ksland
Whats the deal on the bins that supposed to be coming out? 2 trays that slide into the hopper for easy unloading into trucks.

They have the two containers,The deck hight can be set with one lever And a two tail wheels are an option.
John

John Gamba
01-23-2004, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by MOW ED
I don't really care to see your bashing of a mower. If you cant read a thread and contribute in a positive way then keep your comments to yourself.

Too bad that you may not like Walker, you created a thread and got your point across. Let it lie. Don't spread useless comments in other threads. People want to learn something without wading thru all kinds of meaningless posts.

Sorry for that John.

Thanks for the info. I have not heard nor seen this. I have a 52SD that is a great deck that does great in all my conditions but I am thinking this control would help with the front end blowout that the deck gives in certain conditions. I also wondered about the blade speed as this is something that different pulleys can increase ir decrease. All in all the deck is a moneymaker for me but I am always lookin to add a Lazer to the group.

Thank you ed.
John

Currier
01-23-2004, 10:47 AM
Kelly & Sons,

When I used bags I bought industrial sized/strength 55 gallon from Sam's club. The box was huge and cost around $20.00.

I found I could hook the bag around the bumpers on the bin. They worked real well.

James Cormier
01-23-2004, 10:51 AM
Anyone have the aerator for the walker?
Is it a Core Aerator?
Cam or drum?

Kelly & Sons
01-23-2004, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Currier
Kelly & Sons,

When I used bags I bought industrial sized/strength 55 gallon from Sam's club. The box was huge and cost around $20.00.

I found I could hook the bag around the bumpers on the bin. They worked real well.

Hrm, I bought some 55 gallons the other day, but I couldn't get them to fit around the little side wheels on the GHS bin... maybe I should try a different brand...

John, I think you misunderstood him, the 2 containers slide into the GHS, that way when it is full, they can be slid out and makes for easy dumping of the clippings...

walker-talker
01-23-2004, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by James Cormier
Anyone have the aerator for the walker?
Is it a Core Aerator?
Cam or drum? Yes...it's a core aerator and it is cam driven. Are familar with the Plugr by Rock Solid? The cams are designed and manufactured by them. If you order the video for the Plugr, they show a small demonstration of the unit for the Walker. It's awesome, but the only thing I heard bad about it was if the soil was wet, the drive tires on the Walker will get caked full of mud, which makes sense. The unit retails for around $3500. I was personally interested in buying it until I heard about the "mud caking".

Here is an aerator I would like to have. It's a stand up unit from Classen. 36" and goes around 4 mph (I think), but won't be out until this fall at the tune of $6800.

John Gamba
01-23-2004, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Kelly & Sons
[
John, I think you misunderstood him, the 2 containers slide into the GHS, that way when it is full, they can be slid out and makes for easy dumping of the clippings... [/B]
I understand Kelly
I told Mr Walker about a year ago that this is how the old explorer did it.
It should help with the lifting into a truck 's bed.

Walker talker should have that pic by 2 O'Clock then i have to catch a plane.
John

Currier
01-23-2004, 11:52 AM
I use the Walker aerator (perferator) It does a great job but the tires really make a mess in real wet situations. As far as effective plugging it is awesome, but it really can make a mess. It is fast but I don't use it on small properties...tears things up!

John Gamba
01-23-2004, 02:11 PM
Here You go. I emailed Them On This and Have Heard Nothing. Exmark They are Not.
John

Avery
01-23-2004, 04:22 PM
You have a PM. :rollyeyes:
Originally posted by MOW ED
I don't really care to see your bashing of a mower. If you cant read a thread and contribute in a positive way then keep your comments to yourself.

Too bad that you may not like Walker, you created a thread and got your point across. Let it lie. Don't spread useless comments in other threads. People want to learn something without wading thru all kinds of meaningless posts.

Sorry for that John.

Thanks for the info. I have not heard nor seen this. I have a 52SD that is a great deck that does great in all my conditions but I am thinking this control would help with the front end blowout that the deck gives in certain conditions. I also wondered about the blade speed as this is something that different pulleys can increase ir decrease. All in all the deck is a moneymaker for me but I am always lookin to add a Lazer to the group.

Kelly & Sons
01-23-2004, 04:55 PM
Please share the PM with us all ;)

chuckwk
01-23-2004, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Kelly & Sons
Please share the PM with us all ;)

No, please don't.

MOW ED
01-23-2004, 10:31 PM
I won't its not worth my or your time.

John Gamba
01-24-2004, 05:44 AM
Heres one thats a little clearer.

Kelly & Sons
01-24-2004, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by chuckwk
No, please don't.

Sorry Chuck, I was just joking around...

GTLC
01-24-2004, 09:09 AM
Everyone is titled to their own opinion on this site, and Avery was in no way bashing any mower.

mowinmoney
01-24-2004, 11:11 AM
I will be looking at the Walker mowers on Tuesday. Are they good mowers. What's good and bad about them.

Royalslover
01-24-2004, 11:58 AM
I have 3000 hours on my '96 Walker. If you're bagging a lot of grass it can't be beat. If you're not bagging, I personally wouldn't buy one. If you do decide to buy one I would recommend upgrading to the diesel. I've heard that they have discontinued the gas Kabota which I think is the best engine ever.

Avery
01-24-2004, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by mowinmoney
I will be looking at the Walker mowers on Tuesday. Are they good mowers. What's good and bad about them.

Well I do not want to be acused of wasting space on this board or bashing mowers so I will simply say test some other brands before you buy. If you have specific questions about Walkers feel free to PM me. I am quite open about my dislike of them, but I have reason to be based on experience. :)

Kelly & Sons
01-24-2004, 02:09 PM
I think that the Walker Mowers are the "Mercedes" of mowers... JMO. I love mine, and wouldn't trade it for any other mower.

Royalslover
01-24-2004, 09:28 PM
Avery, You and I seem to disagree on everything. What is your beef with the Walker?

Avery
01-24-2004, 10:37 PM
I do not remember disagreeing with you on other stuff...just Walkers. BTW I sent you a PM about why I don't like walkers.