PDA

View Full Version : Bobcat Walk Behind

PrecisionLandService
01-21-2004, 10:26 PM
Anyone own a Bobact walk behind 48" and have a problem with using a bagger (accelator) to pick up leaves? I allways have to use the Ryder to suck them up becase the walk behind does a poor job it spits them back out.. The mower was purchased last year... SHould i use different blades that would create greater suction to suck them up?

STAN1366
01-22-2004, 02:05 AM
I've got a Bobcat 48" too. I don't have any exp. w/ the accelerator bagger. I've been using a Grass Gobbler and it works well. I do get some blowout in front though. You might have to lower the front of the deck. Most guy's say it should be 1/4" lower in front than in back. You might also try adding a "lip" to the front of the deck to help w/ the blowout. Are the airholes clogged in the bagger? Is the bagger intake low enough in relation to the discharge of the machine? I also used the standard High lift blade along with gater blades doubled on each spindle.

bobbygedd
01-22-2004, 02:34 AM
i got bobcat 36, and 48. they pick up great with a gobbler, and high lifts

dishboy
01-22-2004, 07:37 AM
I have a Bobcat 36, I bolted a strip of commercial lawn edging across the front.

STAN1366
01-22-2004, 10:08 AM
I guess I'll try only using the hi-lifts w/o the gater blades. Maybe they add too much turbulance under the deck? The edging is a good idea too. I added the anti-blowout baffle to my Lazer and it helped. Maybe I could make one for the Bobcat, but since I got the Lazer w/ the Ultra-vac, I pretty much only use the Bobcat to mulch the leaves up before 'catching' them w/ the lazer.

ElephantNest
01-22-2004, 10:39 AM
I got too much blowout with highlift gators on my 36" exmark, as I just posted in another thread. I switched to the excalibur mulching blades and it made a huge difference. They don't cut/mulch quite was well, but there is very little blowout, allowing me to not have to double cut.

LawnMower
01-24-2004, 05:01 PM
I had a BobCat 48. When I used the bagger I didn't run a center blade. It seemed to take of the blow out problem. It left a nice stripe too.

Turfdude
01-24-2004, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by LawnMower
I had a BobCat 48. When I used the bagger I didn't run a center blade. It seemed to take of the blow out problem. It left a nice stripe too.

How could you cut like that, mowhawks everywhere, or what??

griffin16
01-25-2004, 08:32 AM
I have a bobcat 48" that would work better as a boat anchor !
I did learn that if you lower the engine speed a little, it will not blow leaves out the front as much. Still a piece of $hit.