PDA

View Full Version : 36" exmark mulching

captaingreen
01-22-2004, 01:31 AM
I have an Exmark 36" metro. Last spring I put an Exmark mulch kit on it to help with leaves fallen over winter. I noticed I lost a few inches of cut on my mower swath and it didn't seem to cut the leaves up very well. It was dry when I mulched, that is the only potential problem I think of. Is it possible the size deck just doesn't mulch as well for some reason?

65hoss
01-22-2004, 09:10 AM
You lost a few inches of cut? Huh? Impossible unless you put the wrong blades on it. The mulch kit and correct blades don't change that.

You also could have the spacers setup incorrectly between the blade and spindle. This will make it not mulch or even cut correctly.

The 36" will mulch better when setup correctly than the bigger decks. I have both and see it every day.

sgreanbean
01-22-2004, 09:12 AM
AMEN, WHAT HE SAID!

captaingreen
01-22-2004, 09:30 AM
I had my dealer look it. He thought maybe the combination of the left tire and baffle laying the grass over kept it from being cut evenly, I know this sounds strange, just looking for input.

65hoss
01-22-2004, 10:00 AM
Put this post on the eXmark forum. They will help you.

ElephantNest
01-22-2004, 10:35 AM
My 36" Exmark mulches like a champ. Doesn't do as well with high lift gators on, because it tends to want to shoot a lot out of the front right deck corner. I tried some high lifts that were bent the oppposite way, but it wasn't much better. So I put the excalibur mulching blades on and it made a world of difference. BUT, the excaliburs do NOT cut/mulch as well as the gators, there is just much less blowout. Seems to me there should be a blade somewhere in the middle of these two for better mulching results.