PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Pages Just Came OUt!!

grasssin
01-22-2004, 11:27 AM
Well the new yellow pages just came out with my new ad in it and it looks P I M P. Since this is my first year doing the yellow pages route, how soon can I expect calls to come in with it?

I know it is different for every region but for those that have had experiece with it do most people wait until it gets warmer or do many want spring cleanups done right away?

Just thought I would let yall know

Thanks for all the advice given to me in past posts as well

ElephantNest
01-22-2004, 12:08 PM
the new phonebook is here!! I'm somebody!!

CANS! More cans!! This guys must really hate cans!!

Sorry, had flashbacks from "The Jerk".

Good luck with your ad, hope you get tons of calls from it. What was the cost, if you don't mind me asking.

~Nest

Wells
01-22-2004, 12:48 PM
Navin: The new phone book's here! The new phone book's here!

Harry: Well I wish I could get so excited about nothing.

Navin: Nothing? Are you kidding?! Page 73, Johnson, Navin, R.! I'm somebody now! Millions of people look at this book every day! This is the kind of spontaneous publicity, you're name in print, that makes people. I'm in print! Things are going to start happening to me now.

TotalCareSolutions
01-22-2004, 02:08 PM
Nest: $227 month/sm shaded box/3 lines +#/2 listings= lawn/landscape. 3 calls in since late Dec. One is a bobcat/skidsteer clearing job should fetch us at least 1/2 the ad cost by end of Jan.

tiedeman
01-22-2004, 03:45 PM
wow, your yellow pages come out late, we get ours in the middle of December.

sodzilla
01-22-2004, 04:34 PM
Ours came out this week also. My ad is a little bigger than a businesscard with full color. $189 a month. That is with a new business incentive. 60% off regular price. Plus I waited till the last week to sing up. Ad should have been around $540 a month.

lawnman_scott
01-22-2004, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by tiedeman
wow, your yellow pages come out late, we get ours in the middle of December.
Come out in june or july down here.

grasssin
01-22-2004, 07:00 PM
I got a 1/3 of a page black and white which I think looks great, but is costing me $329 a month with the first time business deal. I believe I will make this back on just my commercial accounts that I have bid on which I am pretty sure I will get..

I like how our books came out in Jan because that runs perfectly for this upcoming season, thanks again for all the help

Phishook
01-23-2004, 01:00 AM
How do you know which phone book to advertise in? Or are the yellow pages distributed to different phone book companies?

I've got 4 books for the same areas right now.

grasssin
01-23-2004, 08:18 AM
we only have one phone book for our town.

sildoc
01-23-2004, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Phishook
How do you know which phone book to advertise in? Or are the yellow pages distributed to different phone book companies?

I've got 4 books for the same areas right now.

Same problem here.
Ok what the heck after we get all adds in all books your looking at over a grand a month.

Solution. sat all 4 books by the phone at my friends house, parents house and our house also at other job.

everytime I was at any of these places I looked to see which one was on top.
Almost always it was the same book.

That is the book I picked to place my add in. Also all the other books put my business in for free with name and phone number.

My add cost 37 a month. only black and yellow 3/4" x4" with 6 lines.

SUPERIOR Lawn Design
01-23-2004, 03:10 PM
This ad costs me $100 per month... Came out this past October, so I don't expect to see a major flood of calls until March - April. I have three new (contracted) customers so far in the off season from this ad...

Ok... I don't see my pic... I will try again if it doesn't post...