PDA

View Full Version : Inventory

Grass King
01-22-2004, 03:32 PM
How much and what do you keep on you truck and trailer for maintenance on your equipment.

Inventory List:

belts
fix-a-flat
etc.

Ray

Kelly & Sons
01-22-2004, 03:43 PM
belts, blades (mower & edger), jumper cables, tool kit, tire sealant, cooler, misc nuts & bolts....

tiedeman
01-22-2004, 04:39 PM
oil, belts, blades, nutz/bolts, pins, tire sealant, zip ties, spark plugs, much more that I can't think of

energy
01-22-2004, 11:41 PM
yo Grass King, never use fix-a-flat. They rot your tires away from the inside. i learned that the hard way.One time i had a complete flat with a 24 X 12 X 12 tire from a leak. The tire sat overnight with the flat and stayed that way forever. I took it to a tire repair facility and they pointed out the shredding of rubber on the inside of the sidewalls that permitted constant leaking. This was a brand new tire with maybe 3 months of life! The chemical agents degrade tire rubber and allows them to shred over a brief period of time. Dont ever use fix-a-flat or it will happen to any tire you use it on.

packerbacker
01-22-2004, 11:44 PM
tool set, tire plugs, spark plugs, blades,jumper cables,nuts and bolts, extra can of chew, plenty of water

pjslawncare/landscap
01-22-2004, 11:54 PM
Dont forget the grease gun. shoot your crappy helper in the back of the head and tell him a bird just **** on him

packerbacker
01-22-2004, 11:56 PM
Just make sure you dont put grease underneath your bosses door handle...you might be out of a job;)

Avery
01-23-2004, 12:28 AM
A back up of every piece of equipment. Not gonna take the time to do repairs in the field.

Shuter
01-23-2004, 08:46 AM
What ever small things I would need to get me through the day. Like tools, grease, oil, belts, blades, etc.

kels
01-23-2004, 09:09 AM
avery, I would like to see a picture of your rig(s) with a backup for every piece of equip., just wondering how you fit it all on one trailer, or if you send out 2 crews to each job in case something happens.

Barkleymut
01-23-2004, 10:49 PM
I have a 24' enclosed so I have 2 of ALMOST EVERYTHING. This includes quarts of oil, trimmer string, comealong, bungee straps, toolboxes, gas cans, mowers, trimmers, blowers, hedge trimmers, 2 cycle mix, rope, chainsaws, bar and chain oil, spare tires for mowers, spare for trailer, slime, blades, portable air tanks, 12v plug in compressor to fill tanks, Jacks, jackstands, cordless drills and bits, duct tape and electric tape, fire extinguisher, belts, trash cans, rakes shovels, pick axe, axe, sledgehammer, tarps,WD 40, assorted parts for mowers, jumper cables, backpack sprayers, chemicals, and sometimes there is enough room for me to fit in the front of the truck.

There is nothing worse than having to go back to the storage unit to get something you left behind. Also I never have to unload at night or load up in the AM.

Barkleymut
01-23-2004, 10:53 PM
Forgot ladders and grease gun. I'm sure there are several other items I'm carrying around as well.

TreffertLawnWrx
01-23-2004, 10:54 PM
Nothing!. Im perfect and nothing ever breaks:angel: :cool2:

chefdrp
01-24-2004, 12:27 AM
Dont forget the bee kit

Daveffemt
01-27-2004, 12:37 AM
What about getting the tires foam filled? No more leaks.

mtdman
01-27-2004, 12:44 AM
I don't bring a whole lot of extra anything. I have a box with oil, string, mix, wd40, a fire extinguisher, extra bump head for the trimmer, and trash bags. Bring my tool box. And a medical kit. I added an extra gas cap to the box as well after I kept losing the damned things when I forgot to put them back on after a fueling stop!

:D

tinman
01-27-2004, 03:14 PM
Spare front tire for my ZTR, belts, oil, grease,

RedRock
01-27-2004, 03:32 PM
Beer!

just Cuts
01-27-2004, 09:54 PM
I carry Tool kit, cordless drill, bungee cords,air tank,tire plugs,emergency kit, Spare blades, grease gun,jack,and I also carry some sprinkler heads and valve box covers just to be safe.Makes for a frustrating day having to stop everything to run and pick one of them up after one of the guys have chopped one into nothing!

STAN1366
01-27-2004, 10:46 PM
Tool box with the basics, oil, 2 cyl mix, some nuts, bolts, cotter pins, small 12 volt air compressor($38 at wal-Mart), a "road kit" w/ jumper cables, fix a flat, Band aids, ointment that came with a credit card, cell phone, roll of trimmer string, a spark plug for each machine, WD-40 & a can of quick start.

GTLC
01-27-2004, 11:33 PM
Hey TLC9, don't forget to bring MY JENNA along!
:realmad: :drinkup: :cool2: :) ;) :D :eek: :angry: :cry: :nono: :laugh: :gunsfirin payup :mad:

Avery
01-27-2004, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by kels
avery, I would like to see a picture of your rig(s) with a backup for every piece of equip., just wondering how you fit it all on one trailer, or if you send out 2 crews to each job in case something happens.

I don't pull a trailer. On the truck we carry 2 Z mowers, 4 string trimmers, 2 back pack blowers, one little wonder blower, 5 Solo back pack sprayers, all or our chems. 3 stick edgers, 2 hedgers, plus assorted hand tools. Don't have any pics of the truck loaded. I will get some when the season starts. Plus my dealer support is second to none. If I have something go down in the field he sends me a loaner and picks up the broken item. Here is a pic of the truck empty.

lawnGUYnMD
01-28-2004, 12:06 AM
When I go out for the day I look at what I am taking and take along replacements for that equipment. If it breaks and I can fix in the field then I take the tools and parts to do it. Find what you need and go thru and base it on that. good luck ourfitting your rig

energy
01-28-2004, 12:43 AM
Avery got what i want! And im just a one man crew! How much for that sweet ride?

Avery
01-28-2004, 12:51 AM
Less than you would think. It costs less than a new 3/4 ton and a dual axle trailer. I paid around 36k for it.

ManleyLawn
01-28-2004, 01:02 AM
avery beautiful truck. i usually carry oil, a tool box underneath my e-z dumper cramped with the essentials air tank/plug in compressor spare parts for trimmers and tire slime(i love that stuff)

impactlandscaping
01-28-2004, 02:45 AM
We carry tool kits,tire plug kits, fire extinguisher, & first aid kits on all three trucks. On mowing days, we carry 1 extra trimmer, a handheld shin blower in case a BP quits,8 extra spools -already filled(takes 10 secs to switch in field-guys carry 1 or 2 w/ them on commercials to reduce trips back to the trailer), and a 7 gallon air tank in case a caster tire gets knocked of the rim.I also have extra earplugs, sunblock, and electrolyte tabs in the mowing truck.