PDA

View Full Version : Second happiest day of my life

Avery
01-22-2004, 11:30 PM
Was when I bought my Walker mowers.

Happiest day of my life was today...when I finally sold the last one!! Good bye and good ridance!!:D

PLI1
01-22-2004, 11:34 PM
Gettin rid of a 48" Bobcat hydro. What a giant green turd that thing has been.

packerbacker
01-22-2004, 11:36 PM
Cant say i blame you, little story here about Walker mowers, i was doing a cleanup a few years ago on a zoysia yard, apparently all the grass felt like clumping up in the muffler of the mower that sat only about 5 inches off the ground. Needless to say the fire department showed up with 2 pumpers and had to extinguish about a 1/2 acre of grass before it hit the house. Never use a Walker again.

kels
01-22-2004, 11:38 PM
I can't wait to buy my second one, walker that is.

Currier
01-23-2004, 12:08 AM
I'm picking up my second one on monday. It will be a very good day!

Avery
01-23-2004, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by packerbacker
Cant say i blame you, little story here about Walker mowers, i was doing a cleanup a few years ago on a zoysia yard, apparently all the grass felt like clumping up in the muffler of the mower that sat only about 5 inches off the ground. Needless to say the fire department showed up with 2 pumpers and had to extinguish about a 1/2 acre of grass before it hit the house. Never use a Walker again.

Yours is not the only fire story I have heard. Only one of many design problems with Walkers.

packerbacker
01-23-2004, 12:30 AM
But i will say this much, the Walker can mulch like no other, still not worth it though IMO

Avery
01-23-2004, 12:34 AM
That remains to be seen. Got a Toro 355 on order. I have head good things about it. It has to be tougher than the Walker. Those things go down more than a $20 dollar street walker in NY!

SHOW ME STATE RIDER
01-23-2004, 12:42 AM
The only guy that I see using those things is the old man down the street that lives on about 2 acres. He must like it, he cuts the grass about everyday, at 1/2in ,I swear.

packerbacker
01-23-2004, 12:42 AM
I dont think Walker had commercial guys like us in mind when they desgined their mowers

Avery
01-23-2004, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by SHOW ME STATE RIDER
The only guy that I see using those things is the old man down the street that lives on about 2 acres. He must like it, he cuts the grass about everyday, at 1/2in ,I swear.

Homeowner using a $9000.00 mower! Overkill IMO.

And packerbacker I could not agree with you more. Walker just will not stand up to commercial use of a larger operation. I gave them every chance. I have owned/used Walkers for a long time. Nothing but trouble with everyone I have ever had.

MOW ED
01-23-2004, 09:59 AM
Too bad you had some bad experiences with the Walkers. I can only say that mine has made me lots of money and continues to do so. They sure are not for everyone but I certainly have had good luck with mine. It doesn't do everything but then no tool does. I'll keep mine. Good Luck.

Kelly & Sons
01-23-2004, 10:17 AM
I wouldn't trade my Walker for anything... I have owned many mowers (lesco, grasshopper, etc.) They cut nicer than any mower that I have used... from what I have learned... as long as you keep up the PM on them, they should be fine. Sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy yours as much. I would HIGHLY recommend a Walker mower to anyone!

walker-talker
01-23-2004, 10:22 AM
Was the thread started out of spite about the post MOW ED made about you Avery? If so, boo freakin' hoo. If not, disreguard that last comment....lol

yardman1
01-23-2004, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Avery
Homeowner using a $9000.00 mower! Overkill IMO.

I know of alot of homeowners around here that have commercial mowers, people get tired of buying that crap at these chain stores. They will pay for a 9k mower but are to cheap to hire someone to cut there yard. but alot of people that i know that have them enjoy cutting there grass.

Avery
01-23-2004, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by walker-talker
Was the thread started out of spite about the post MOW ED made about you Avery? If so, boo freakin' hoo. If not, disreguard that last comment....lol

Better check the post dates before you go flaming me walker-talker. This was made prior. I think even less of your post than I did his if that is any consolation to you.

;)

SHOW ME STATE RIDER
01-23-2004, 05:40 PM
The great part about the guy with the 9000 mower is that he doesn't even stripe with it. I 'm thinking he doen't know or doesn't care. Likes to ride his circles all over, round and round he goes, were he will stop nobody knows.

Flex-Deck
01-23-2004, 10:58 PM
The guy with the 9000 dollar mower is just enjoying a very nice ride on a very nice machine, and he probably is just trying to reinvent a dream of being something he is not.

He probably spends all day behind a desk and just can not wait to get outside and move about freely on his nice-neat commercial mower - why would you even think about blaming him for the roundy roundy deal. He does not have to have a clue about stripes because it is his yard, and btw - how much can you sell your stripes for anyway if you do a good job mowing without stripes.