PDA

View Full Version : Garden

macaw
01-23-2004, 09:44 AM
Dose anyone home garden. I do it's hard to find the time to do.
I organic garden and do raised beds. Have a small greenhouse
and shadehouse. Would love to grow plants ( annuals ) for some of my customers but there just not enough time.

pjslawncare/landscap
01-23-2004, 10:28 AM
My wife has a couple herb gardens and guess who gets recruted to do the tilling and heavier stuff. I have done several large landscape projects though (my department). Ive been looking into purchasing one of those 12' x 10' green houses. We have a very large second floor deck off our bedroom I want to put it on since my 1st choice of a hot tub wont work (due to the weight).

LawnPerfect
01-23-2004, 11:08 AM
We have a garden as well. As far as finding the time to work in it I just take about an hour on saturdays to maintain it. I found a great time saver as far as weeding goes. I space my rows and plants out enough for the tiller attachment for my line trimmers power head. I just run through once or twice turning everything under then weed by hand around the stalks.

Yard Perfect
01-23-2004, 11:27 AM
I am a "Master Gardner", have a hundred Roses, an English garden, and a lawn you can I can putt on. I actually have, at times, inserted golf holes in my lawn. I will say, that since, I got this lawn care business going, maintaining my own home can get put down the list of, "must dos". A man just has to play golf at least once a week.

Lawn-N-Garden Guy
01-23-2004, 11:59 PM
I too have a home garden in which I grow most of the veggies we use over the winter.Nothing tastes better than the ones you grew out of your own garden.
I also grow giant pumpkins like the 700 lbers,And giant onions 6-7 lbers

P&C Lawn Care
01-24-2004, 02:27 PM
I love to mess around in my own garden, but I find that it gets neglected more than anyything else. A vine ripe tomato from your own garden sure beats anything you buy at the store. Eventually I would like to also have a small greennhouse to start my seed in.

leadarrows
01-24-2004, 02:35 PM
We always put out a garden. We just started an herb garden last summer. I have posted pictures on here before so instead of reposting I'll give the link to that thread. Some other members posted in this thread as well.
http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=45153&highlight=Garden
A green house is on my wish list.