PDA

View Full Version : Synthetic lawn, Threat or Joke

pjslawncare/landscap
01-23-2004, 04:29 PM
Anyone know somebody with a synthetic lawn. I know they are sometimes used on sports feilds. How well are they for other applications? I had a laugh on this web site saying "to clean Dog waste, simply scoop it up then hose it clean"
Synthetic Lawns (http://synlawn.com/index.html)
And your opinion?

Grounds Control
01-23-2004, 04:46 PM
sounds expensive $3.50 per sq ft plus install and prep.......besides what do you do when the lawn "fades"?

LawnPerfect
01-23-2004, 04:50 PM
it would also become a major hassle for the homeowner to clean over time from leaves, pinestraw, dust, dirt, rocks, ash, ect.

SUPERIOR Lawn Design
01-23-2004, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Grounds Control
sounds expensive $3.50 per sq ft plus install and prep.......besides what do you do when the lawn "fades"?

Water it with green dye maybe? :confused:

rkbrown
01-23-2004, 05:17 PM
lol Superior...no, thats a fert and you need to have a synthetic app license for it :)

REALtreeGodFather
01-23-2004, 05:25 PM
Sheesh! Plastic cars, plastic toys, plastic lawns... will it ever stop?

I'll take the old-fashioned green lawn and dirt anyday.

mtdman
01-23-2004, 06:00 PM
There was a case in FLA a few years ago with a couple that got rid of their lawn and put down astro turf in their whole yard. It got wet, started to rot, etc. The judge ordered them to remove it and plant grass.

Just my 2 cents.

:D

Lazer_Z
01-23-2004, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by REALtreeGodFather
Sheesh! Plastic cars, plastic toys, plastic lawns... will it ever stop?

I'll take the old-fashioned green lawn and dirt any day. Amen to that

My neighbor inquired about that stuff a couple years ago they Sang her a sweet story till it came to price a good few hundred$$$$

bastalker
01-23-2004, 07:37 PM
Your kidding right?????

How much of the United States do you think is desert?? It has a market place in maybe 3 states. Wouldn't want to live in any of em.....heh heh heh

SUPERIOR Lawn Design
01-23-2004, 08:01 PM
I wonder if they include a few synthetic weeds for a little realism...

Metro Lawn
01-23-2004, 08:48 PM
Sounds like a job for my new lawn vacuuming division...lol

lawnman_scott
01-23-2004, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by mtdmaster
There was a case in FLA a few years ago with a couple that got rid of their lawn and put down astro turf in their whole yard. It got wet, started to rot, etc. The judge ordered them to remove it and plant grass.

Just my 2 cents.

:D
Is that the one where the homeowners association sued her because all homes had to have grass. Hers was fake, but looked better than most of the real lawns. I think the key factor in that case was "homeowners association".

Kelly's Landscaping
01-23-2004, 09:53 PM
At $ 168,000 per acre of the blue grass version and thats not including install or prep or in my state the $10,000 in sales tax i doubt ill be seeing to much of that stuff. Real sad part is when you sell your home the next guy will likely rip the stuff out with no idea what its real vaule was.

pjslawncare/landscap
01-23-2004, 10:00 PM
I hear next year there comming out with synthetic trees & bushes and even a synthetic cat named "robopussy"! :p ;) :rolleyes:

cush
02-01-2004, 12:06 AM
The stuff I saw at a local trade show looked real. Problem was it looked very real to the point it looked like it needed to be mowed.Why spend the money on al lawn that looks like it needs a haircut all the time!

cush

Turf Medic
02-01-2004, 12:20 AM
I read an article a few days ago about a city that is requiring new construction to have the artificial turf or is at least giving a big tax incentive due to water shortages.

FFMED74
02-01-2004, 12:31 AM
and for you fishermen out there with the plastic yards, toss out a could of your favorite power worms or plastic grubs to add realism next to those plastic weeds. Do you think it can come with some plastic pink flamingos??????

heritage
02-01-2004, 01:24 AM
This stuff is a joke!
Always dirty and offers no cooling effect as real turf does.
Stick with the best........Real Turf.

Pete D.