PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting front loader

pjslawncare/landscap
01-23-2004, 04:55 PM
Is it possible to adjust the pump on my front loader to gain more speed. I have a 2000 MF 1260 compact and loader seems to operate too slow.

xcopterdoc
01-23-2004, 08:33 PM
Has it always operated slow? Just trying to narrow this down to a possible problem.

SWD
01-25-2004, 08:53 AM
What is the cycle time of the loader?
The loader operators manual will list what it is suppposed to be and at what throttle settings.
Time it and if there is a significant difference, there are a few things to look for.
The spool valve (which actually controls the loader) has several pistons and O rings in it. Rebuild kits are available from M-F. You pretty much have to use their kits due to the size and type of O rings used.
Also, when you disassemble the valve, check for corrosion or other foreign matter in the valve body itself.
Additionally, M-F has a service bulletin out on the quick release plugs that tie the loader into the tractor, they leak.
What I did on my 1233 with the 1244 loader, was to direct tie the hoses together (as I do not plan to remove my loader anytime soon), and I stopped all hydraulic noise, leaks, and spool valve seal blow-outs.

pjslawncare/landscap
02-01-2004, 06:46 PM
Its always operated slow. I dont think it is in poor operating condition, just slow. Didnt know if some adjustment is easy

xcopterdoc
02-03-2004, 06:40 AM
I would take it to your dealer and have them do a pressure and flow check on the loader system.